Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sept 17th @ ND

Spartan23MSU

Is there any specific reason we played at ND in 2013 and again in 2016? Id assume they would be playing in EL. Lame. :shrug:

The Spartans replace a lot of starters this year, but notre dame replaces their whole team. Still, I'd bet the Spartans enter the game a 7 point underdog. Are we scheduled to play them in the near future?

The Spartans replace a lot of starters this year, but notre dame replaces their whole team. Still, I'd bet the Spartans enter the game a 7 point underdog. Are we scheduled to play them in the near future?
Not sure of future games but just dawned on me today they should technically be playing an away game in this matchup. Nothing wrong with an early test but it is a little annoying.

They come back in 2017, home and home. We were supposed to play @ alabama and @ ND this year, Bama backed out because they didn't want to play in EL. They wanted more neutral site games

They come back in 2017, home and home. We were supposed to play @ alabama and @ ND this year, Bama backed out because they didn't want to play in EL. They wanted more neutral site games

That would've been a brutal schedule. Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Michigan. Wow

Dantonio needs this win - he has an abysmal record against Kelly who is a complete hack. Granted, he hasn't faced them since the team became consistently good and they got robbed in '13 but considering Kelly was 8-5, 8-5, 12-1 and 9-4 during that period, it's pretty f'n annoying that Dantonio went 1-3 against that ass clown.

Dantonio needs this win - he has an abysmal record against Kelly who is a complete hack. Granted, he hasn't faced them since the team became consistently good and they got robbed in '13 but considering Kelly was 8-5, 8-5, 12-1 and 9-4 during that period, it's pretty f'n annoying that Dantonio went 1-3 against that ass clown.

Ohhh yes draped all over us 10 feet before he ball got there 2-3 times on big yard pass plays. I was bouncing off the walls.

I feel like I shouldn't be saying this to you all - but ND is my favorite team (feel free to pile on the hate lol). MSU is easily my second favorite team, so its always hard watching this game...

That being said, I see ND winning this game, as even though they lost some key guys, they are still very talented at QB and RB, and have solid depth along the O-Line to withstand the loss of Stanley.

This game will be a huge test for MSU's Run Defense, as ND's WR Corps are unproven behind Tori Hunter Jr, so I expect them to try to pound the ball early in the season to set up the pass...If MSU can bog down Folson/Adams upfront, and prevent Zaire from breaking off any long runs then I think State wins this game.

I feel like I shouldn't be saying this to you all - but ND is my favorite team (feel free to pile on the hate lol). MSU is easily my second favorite team, so its always hard watching this game...

That being said, I see ND winning this game, as even though they lost some key guys, they are still very talented at QB and RB, and have solid depth along the O-Line to withstand the loss of Stanley.

This game will be a huge test for MSU's Run Defense, as ND's WR Corps are unproven behind Tori Hunter Jr, so I expect them to try to pound the ball early in the season to set up the pass...If MSU can bog down Folson/Adams upfront, and prevent Zaire from breaking off any long runs then I think State wins this game.

Hard to believe its coming up in less than a month! Its got to be a close game and I think ND will be favored. Really hard for me to call a winner until I see the first week of football.

Ive predicted this as a loss for months now, just a gut feeling. I know it's off a bye week but on the road, at night, pretty inexperienced group, I think we'll battle but I have to give the edge to ND.

Last edited:
Ya I would be shocked if this isnt a close game. I am not a betting man, but if I was, I would not be very comfortable putting money on either team.

Cant wait for College football to start though!! the last few weeks have been brutal ughhh

They have so much talent at QB that Zaire is having trouble beating out a guy with a rather pedestrian QBR that padded his stats against teams like Temple, Pitt, UMass and Navy. I don't think it will be an easy task but with the turnover both teams have had, outside of home field, I don't think either team has a clear advantage at this point.

Ill call the line after ND plays. We better leave the pee wee bullshit games for tonight. What a disgrace..

Looks like an undefeated Wisconsin team is waiting for us after Notre Dame. Wow schedule is shaping up to be brutal...

It's early and we don't know a ton but I don't see us beating ND, tough to win there any year but we're breaking in a lot of new pieces on offense and this bye does not help us at all, we need to play someone next week. We'll know a lot about ND by then and we'll see their film against decent competition but I've never thought this one would be a win.

It's early and we don't know a ton but I don't see us beating ND, tough to win there any year but we're breaking in a lot of new pieces on offense and this bye does not help us at all, we need to play someone next week. We'll know a lot about ND by then and we'll see their film against decent competition but I've never thought this one would be a win.

If you think MSU is replacing a lot, go look at what notre dame is replacing. If notre dame wins against Texas I give MSU a 60% chance of winning. If they lose to Texas it's going to be tough.

EDIT: BYU beat Arizona last night, they're a solid team!

Last edited:
I agree - ND is a perennially overrated team that lost a ton of talent. They are definitely beatable - but not by the team we saw Friday night. Usually you want a week off before a big game but I'd feel much better going to ND if we had another tune up game. This gap in the schedule is terrible.

Back