Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wisconsin Game

LuciousGameWinner

Weird that this game is on BTN and it might be a top 10 matchup. Wisconsin is not as good as their ranking, just like Norte dame. They beat and overrated LSU team who can't score against a high school team and struggled this week against Georgia State. MSU should win by already a TD

Wisky is tailor made for our D, they won't run on us. I like the matchup and it's great for our SOS.

I havent watched Wisc yet this year so not sure about this one. I assume we will be favored by a slight margin.

Weird that this game is on BTN and it might be a top 10 matchup. Wisconsin is not as good as their ranking, just like Norte dame. They beat and overrated LSU team who can't score against a high school team and struggled this week against Georgia State. MSU should win by already a TD

I think LSU gave that game to Wisconsin. I think they are garbage. I can't believe they didn't fall more than 2 spots in the poll this week

I havent watched Wisc yet this year so not sure about this one. I assume we will be favored by a slight margin.

I didn't watch the LSU game, watched the 2nd half against Georgia state. They replaced their QB midway through the game with a redshirt freshman. Of course we like that they're not solid with either guy, I wouldn't like the prospect of bringing a RS freshman in for his first start in Spartan Stadium. I think last week was a classic trap game for wisconsin, a supposed breather in their brutal schedule, I wouldn't read into the final score too much but it's better for us than them rolling 70-0 last week.

I watched the LSU game and they outplayed LSU worse than the score as LSU scored twice with a short field (actually I think 1 TD was a punt return), and Wisconsin came away empty numerous times in the red zone. Their D appears to be pretty solid, but offensively not so much. I expect a low scoring game with us winning by a touchdown.

Last edited:
Mike Sadler to enter the HOF at the game. Heard it from a family friend of his a week ago. Still shocked that Mike is gone. Great guy!

Last edited:
I care about 2 things going into this game. The first is winning and the second is finishing. It's very possible Wisonsin is a better team than ND and the game could be tighter but if we have them in a similar position and go into the prevent D and super conservative offense, I'll be very disappointed.

Of course I'll take ND win over the alternative, but if we were to lose that game, it would have been much easier to take if they went down swinging instead of the way they played the last 20 minutes.

It is pretty weird that we're on BTN considering the next best game is Iowa at Rutgers which doesn't seem to be nearly as interesting and that's on ESPN2.

From what I've seen/heard/read, Wisconsin is a solid but far from spectacular team. Like most Badger squads, I guess. Significantly more dangerous in a big game at Camp Randall than on the road. Spartans figure to shut down the running game and then make life miserable for whichever QB is left standing.

It is pretty weird that we're on BTN considering the next best game is Iowa at Rutgers which doesn't seem to be nearly as interesting and that's on ESPN2.

Apparently BTN is introducing a GameDay type show starting tomorrow, I am betting most if not all of the games automatically will be on BTN that day for that reason. Otherwise it makes zero sense for Iowa and Rutgers to be on ESPN2.

Sucks now I have to spend $10 more a month to get that channel.

yeah, I'm on the verge of cutting the cord with my cable company and going to an HD antenna and sling TV for ESPN. If we end up having a bunch of games on BTN, that could be a problem.

Apparently BTN is introducing a GameDay type show starting tomorrow, I am betting most if not all of the games automatically will be on BTN that day for that reason. Otherwise it makes zero sense for Iowa and Rutgers to be on ESPN2.

agreed - zero sense. I don't like the sound of the BTN game day unless they do some sort of rotation policy where they don't repeat locations, but that still gives us the risk of playing on BTN when we're on the road.

yeah, I'm on the verge of cutting the cord with my cable company and going to an HD antenna and sling TV for ESPN. If we end up having a bunch of games on BTN, that could be a problem.

Yeah I have looked into cutting the cord but certain shows and the damn Spartans keep me from doing it. Plus I don't live real close to stations and the damn ocean takes have the antenna's radius.

24-10 MSU. I think that we will see more of Gerald Holmes today. I was really hoping that LJ would be the full time guy, but with Holmes performance last week I don't see that happening.
Corley with 2tds

LJ goes for 150 today. TOC struggles. 31-27 MSU holds on again after getting out to a decent lead.

Back