Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Week

LuciousGameWinner

It's hard to get excited about this game. Finally UofM is back to where they should be and we stink up the joint. I really hope we're able to be a top 10 team going forward so this game can be that much better. I'll still watch because I refuse to turn any game off, but this might get ugly and of course I'll get frustrated as hell. Hopefully the young guys are ready, because Michigan will be mad coming into this one.

It's hard to get excited about this game. Finally UofM is back to where they should be and we stink up the joint. I really hope we're able to be a top 10 team going forward so this game can be that much better. I'll still watch because I refuse to turn any game off, but this might get ugly and of course I'll get frustrated as hell. Hopefully the young guys are ready, because Michigan will be mad coming into this one.

Shit happens, this is their best team in a decade and it's our worst team in a decade. Sucks that we are this shitty, our chances of winning are slim and none and even if something crazy happened and we won, i we'd still be 3-5 which is awful. We've lost as many games this year as we did in the last 3. Unfortunately we have absolutely nothing to lose in this game.

If you're Warner throw the whole playbook at them. What do you have to lose? Throw deep and hope you get some bullshit PI calls like Norte Dame did against MSU a few years back.

If you're Warner throw the whole playbook at them. What do you have to lose? Throw deep and hope you get some bullshit PI calls like Norte Dame did against MSU a few years back.

we actually did a good job of that vs NW, obviously a different team and different defense but that's what you do when you can't sustain a drive by getting smaller chunks of yardage. I haven't seen anything from this team to think that we're capable of pulling this off though.

We will opt for draw plays up the middle on 3rd and long :nod:

michigan wins 48-3

Last edited:
It's rare but I have turned it off before. I left early during the NU game because I couldn't take it anymore, last game I actually turned off early on TV was the Iowa hoops shellacking at the Breslin last season.

This is probably the least excited I've ever been for this rivalry, close second is 2006 (which I did turn off, I think the Tigers ALDS game was starting during the beatdown). Our offense is going to be anemic and lucky to score, and the defense will be more of the same. Michigan 45, MSU 10 is my prediction.

Honestly, I'm going to be surprised if we score at all. And after we gave up a record number of points to NW, UM already wants a new one. Given the way we've played so far, I'm thinking 56-3. We're basically an FCS team this year.

Man, you guys are hard on the team. No way we beat you by more than a TD. Not at EL, not after 5 straight losses. Too much pride. As much as I'd love to see us drop 60 on you, we'll be lucky to hit 30.

27-21 UM

Man, you guys are hard on the team. No way we beat you by more than a TD. Not at EL, not after 5 straight losses. Too much pride. As much as I'd love to see us drop 60 on you, we'll be lucky to hit 30.

27-21 UM
I'd love to buy into that story about throwing out the records and all of that but football is still about blocking and tackling and we don't do that well. I don't expect that to change much this week. It seems like people are preparing for the worst, I don't think it will be that kind of blowout but something more in like we the spread. I'd say 31-14 of something close to that.

Man, you guys are hard on the team. No way we beat you by more than a TD. Not at EL, not after 5 straight losses. Too much pride.

I think it's more like this than the opposite. Dantonio's gotta have the locker room plastered with Mike Hart photos, no? "It never gets old." Remember?

MSU plays with pride this week in Spartan Stadium. Not well enough to win, I don't think, but they are not going to be embarrassed.

I've never taken this game for granted going back to the 1960s. This downward spike in the Spartan football program is an anomaly that must be utterly mystifying. Special teams, special teams, special teams. Although I can't remember where they influenced an M-MSU game outcome in the recent past.

It's really an odd dynamic right now. MSU fans are predicting that the game will be a blowout, and Michigan fans say it's going to be really close (including me). I guess that's what a decade of losing to MSU will do.

We will opt for draw plays up the middle on 3rd and long :nod:

michigan wins 48-3

who is going to kick a FG from 45+? If we score, my money is on a blown coverage. I'm confident in saying this because if our receiver gets caught inside the 10 and we're down 4 scores or more, Dantonio will call for the fake FG on 4th down and it will get completely blown up.

Last edited:
It's really an odd dynamic right now. MSU fans are predicting that the game will be a blowout, and Michigan fans say it's going to be really close (including me). I guess that's what a decade of losing to MSU will do.

We are, in the words of Harbaugh, "bruised."

27-21 UM

This team has no pride - their back has been broken and they're mailing it in. I don't think michigan's offense is all that great but they're at least average - our corners can't cover bad receivers and you have 2 pretty good ones - this defense will even make Smith look all-world. They will have no problem scoring on our defense. No problem.

And typically MSU's motivation has never been an issue. There was always something that MSU could look to as that locker room talk.

I don't know what that is this year. MSU is not really playing for anything, their seniors don't seem to care. All the motivation is behind Michigan, the players are still seething from last season and the playoff is still a possibility. Harbaugh has gone out of his way to praise Dantonio and the players have basically said nothing.

But with all that being said, this game still scares the absolute hell out of me. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever to see Michigan lose.

Last edited:
The only thing that worries me is MSU taking cheap shots once the game is out of hand. Michigan fans predicting a one score game....clearly just being superstitious. The "throw the records out the window" thing can apply every now and then, but not every year, and definitely not in a mismatch like this. Home field advantage will be non existent 6 minutes into this game.

The only thing that worries me is MSU taking cheap shots once the game is out of hand. Michigan fans predicting a one score game....clearly just being superstitious. The "throw the records out the window" thing can apply every now and then, but not every year, and definitely not in a mismatch like this. Home field advantage will be non existent 6 minutes into this game.
Give me a fucking break with your moral superiority. This game has always been a hard fought battle outside of Gholston and Lewan. You saying that you're worried about cheap shots is just posturing. Spare me that bullshit.

Give me a fucking break with your moral superiority. This game has always been a hard fought battle outside of Gholston and Lewan. You saying that you're worried about cheap shots is just posturing. Spare me that bullshit.

Moral superiority? Posturing? Fuck you. I was trying to come up with something I was worried about and that's it. I'm not slamming MSU as a program by saying it, but with the precipitous fall that the program has had, the extended losing streak that they're on, and with the possibility of being embarrassed by their hated rivals a distinct possibility...I think this lines up to be a situation where some players could lose their cool. Didn't you just have a guy get three personal fouls in the last game?

Moral superiority? Posturing? Fuck you. I was trying to come up with something I was worried about and that's it. I'm not slamming MSU as a program by saying it, but with the precipitous fall that the program has had, the extended losing streak that they're on, and with the possibility of being embarrassed by their hated rivals a distinct possibility...I think this lines up to be a situation where some players could lose their cool. Didn't you just have a guy get three personal fouls in the last game?

3 in 1 quarter, but they were dumb, not dirty. I don't expect any dirty play but this team is so undisciplined and poorly coached that I set the over/under on total penalty yards at 95 - guessing 80% PIs, holdings and false starts with a PF, maybe delay of game or two sprinkled in.

Back