Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

I think I'll go by his play and his stats rather than an arbitrary reason. After the season he might be top ten but so far he hasn't been.. Nice to see your usual good input, Tony.

I think I'll go by his play and his stats rather than an arbitrary reason. After the season he might be top ten but so far he hasn't been.. Nice to see your usual good input, Tony.

His play is top 5. His stats are dragged down by injuries, drops, no run game and less short fields than all qbs

not sure how much stock i should put into a bunch of uneducated morons doing a survey. With hat said you could easily argue Dak and Carr dont really belong that high. Ill still contest you are what your numbers say you are....you want to be the #9 qb....put up stats that say you are number 9.....not #20+.

My input?? You're too fucking stupid to understand it. I have told you since day 1 he's a good QB. Now he's getting recognized as one of the elite in the league and it's eating you alive lol. I love seeing you guys melt down after a Stafford praising lol.

not sure how much stock i should put into a bunch of uneducated morons doing a survey. With hat said you could easily argue Dak and Carr dont really belong that high. Ill still contest you are what your numbers say you are....you want to be the #9 qb....put up stats that say you are number 9.....not #20+.

I almost hope that Stafford doesn't re-sign with us. Know why? Because I want to see ypur opinions when we don't have a QB to run this team and we're the Bears, Browns and 49ers of the football world lol

I almost hope that Stafford doesn't re-sign with us. Know why? Because I want to see ypur opinions when we don't have a QB to run this team and we're the Bears, Browns and 49ers of the football world lol

The 49ers won 5 playoff games since 2011 and appeared in a super bowl. We'd be lucky to be them.

Easier to keep a good QB than a defense like the 49ers had. See 49ers 2014-2016

The point is you can win with a guy like Kaepernick. . Build a defense like they had and any QB can do. And I think we'd all be fine with 3 bad seasons if we went to a SB.

The point is you can win with a guy like Kaepernick. . Build a defense like they had and any QB can do. And I think we'd all be fine with 3 bad seasons if we went to a SB.

You can win more with Stafford and also build a defense like that

do you mean with Stafford AND a defense like the 49ers had?

Like the 2014 Lions defense. Or the 2017 Lions defense which will be just as good or better. Or the 2011 Lions defense that forced 34 turnovers and Stafford tossed 41 TDs

Don't even need the 49ers run game.

He hasn't been the last two years. He was 9th then 13th (with an injury for one quarter of the season) the last two seasons. 20th QB rating Stafford is dead (2012-2014). We got a top 10 guy who can be top 5 with health, proper blocking (low 30% protection or better), proper run game (just average at least 12-20 range), proper drops (not league lead) and proper short fields (more than 6 times, league average is 18).

Give Stafford health and average proper support, he'll be top 5 with Cooter.

The 49ers won 5 playoff games since 2011 and appeared in a super bowl. We'd be lucky to be them.

They don't have a QB, you fucking schmuck. No, we wouldn't be lucky to be them. Smarten up

Last edited:
So you wouldn't trade being shit now, for a bunch of playoff wins and a SB game? Yeah, right :bs:

Wtf are you talking about? Lol. Way to completely deflect the topic though. Of course I want playoff wins and a SB appearance but that isn't wtf we're talking about. The 49ers are a fucking joke and in no way would I want to be in their situation. Their QB is Brian fucking Hoyer lol. Look who i'm talking to though. You probably think Hoyer is better than Stafford, right? Lol

Last edited:
Wtf are you talking about? Lol. Way to completely deflect the topic though. Of course I want playoff wins and a SB appearance but that isn't wtf we're talking about. The 49ers are a fucking joke and in no way would I want to be in their situation. Their QB is Brian fucking Hoyer lol. Look who i'm talking to though. You probably think Hoyer is better than Stafford, right? Lol

You completely missed the point.. Not surprised of course.. Next time try to keep up with what's going on.

You completely missed the point.. Not surprised of course.. Next time try to keep up with what's going on.

You're such a tool lol. Dude, you're in slow motion. You're ahead of nobody. Keep deflecting....it's the only thing you're good at....

Back