Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

Go Lions !!!! Find the difference maker in a coach, and move Jim Bob To QB Coach or move him off the premises lol. !!!

2018, genius. Figure it out. Why bother though? You don't give a fuck about this team. Misery loves company and that's what you are. You've already been called out by multiple posters that your opinion is garbage. Live with it...

You're kidding right. There is no figuring it out.. So others don't like my opinion, it happens.. It's a forum with discussions based on opinions. I'll live.

You're kidding right. There is no figuring it out.. So others don't like my opinion, it happens.. It's a forum with discussions based on opinions. I'll live.

Of course there's no figuring it out for you! You're not smart enough lol.
And it's not about "not liking your opinion", you putz. You don't watch this team. You base your dumb fkn opinions off a boxscore lol. You have NO opinion on this team. It's the eqivalent of me going on a soccer board and bashing the team on their performance. I don't watch soccer, I don't watch the players but i'm going to give my opinions on the game and the players? That's beyond ignorant...

So I'm suppose to watch a bad stream or pay Direct TV 300 bucks.. For the Lions?

If you are sincere, I can give you a 720p YouTube live stream of any Lions game. I haven't had cable since 2009 and haven't missed any football game, college or pro, that I've wanted to see. I just cast it to the big screen and voila!

*edit* Watching Michigan/SC on YouTube right now. No ads, no lag, no bullshit.

Last edited:
I heard on one of the NFL Network shows, a guy said the Lions will look for a HC with a defensive mindset/background since Stafford wants to keep the offensive staff.

Please tell me this isn't true. I don't want the players dictating who the coaches are. It is one of the reason I don't watch the NBA much anymore.

Stafford doesn't own the team. All heresay for now. Stafford and co also didn't want Caldwell fired. How did that work out for them?

Last edited:
So I'm suppose to watch a bad stream or pay Direct TV 300 bucks.. For the Lions?

Unless you absolutely have to watch live, such as b/c of posting in a game thread, the games can be re-watched on NFL(dot)com soon after they end, which for you in MST, still would be early-afternoon, unless a later, evening, or TNF/MNF game.

Last edited:
7 openings if bengals fire lewis

Lions, cards, bears, Giants in NFC
Raiders, bengals, colts

Shocked at jets, browns, broncos, Tampa

If Tim Tebow doesn't pan out in MLB, wouldn't surprise me if he gets hired on as an assistant in the offensive staff of a Div 1A or an NFL HC.

All of the local reports seem to indicate that Patricia is the favorite over McDaniels when it comes to the NE guys. I may be in the minority, but I would greatly prefer McDaniels. NE's defense hasn't been that great this past year, and I think most of the reason their Defense has been successful in the past is due to Belichick. He is one of the all time great defensive minds.

McDaniels has previous HC experience, and I think he learned a lot / was humbled by that failure. I know if he became coach that it would probably spell the end of JBC's tenure in Detroit, but I would be okay with that. Cooter has made Stafford better, no doubt, but the offense as a whole seems to be stagnant / under perform quite often. JBC is a great QB coach, but I am not convinced he is a good OC yet.

All of the local reports seem to indicate that Patricia is the favorite over McDaniels when it comes to the NE guys. I may be in the minority, but I would greatly prefer McDaniels. NE's defense hasn't been that great this past year, and I think most of the reason their Defense has been successful in the past is due to Belichick. He is one of the all time great defensive minds.

McDaniels has previous HC experience, and I think he learned a lot / was humbled by that failure. I know if he became coach that it would probably spell the end of JBC's tenure in Detroit, but I would be okay with that. Cooter has made Stafford better, no doubt, but the offense as a whole seems to be stagnant / under perform quite often. JBC is a great QB coach, but I am not convinced he is a good OC yet.

I believe you are in the minority. McDaniels has done nothing but ride the NE coat tails.....before his first HC gig and he is doing it now. This is the same guy that spent three draft picks to move up to draft Tim Tebow. Tim fucking Tebow! Let that sink in for a second.

And though you may think McDaniels was "humbled" there is no evidence of that. The guy has been the OC of the best QB and head coach in history. If you think Patricia has benefited from Belicheck....McDaniels has done the same and more from Brady and Belicheck.

I want nothing to do with McDaniels.

The Patriots D has struggled this yr. Especially in the 1st half but they have been elite in the 2nd half. Record setting actually. Ton of injuries to key players as well. All they have been doing is plugging in players and watching them contribute. Patricia has turned that D around.....

7 openings if bengals fire lewis

Lions, cards, bears, Giants in NFC
Raiders, bengals, colts

Shocked at jets, browns, broncos, Tampa

jets browns Broncos all will have new qbs... surprised as well.. that's usually when you bring in a new coach.

I believe you are in the minority. McDaniels has done nothing but ride the NE coat tails.....before his first HC gig and he is doing it now. This is the same guy that spent three draft picks to move up to draft Tim Tebow. Tim fucking Tebow! Let that sink in for a second.

And though you may think McDaniels was "humbled" there is no evidence of that. The guy has been the OC of the best QB and head coach in history. If you think Patricia has benefited from Belicheck....McDaniels has done the same and more from Brady and Belicheck.

I want nothing to do with McDaniels.

No doubt McDaniels has benefited from having Brady, I think every single coach in that entire organization has benefited from having Brady as the QB. Hes the GOAT.

However, the Patriots have been one of the most successful teams in recent history at winning with back up QBs. Most teams are F'd when their QB gets hurt (see GB this year), however NE has found a way to win even when their HOF QB is not playing. The work McDaniels did with Cassel in 2008 and last year with Brissette and Garoppolo was extremely impressive. After Garoppolo got hurt, McDaniels completely changed NEs entire offense in 7 days, to complement Brissette. I dont think most people understand just how hard that is to do...This shows me that he is able to cater an offense to his QB's (and their surrounding cast) skill set.

Moving up to draft Tebow will go down as one of the all time worst draft moves. No argument there. However, luckily for us, McDaniels would not be responsible for drafting players. That is, and will remain Quinns job. There's a big difference in evaluating talent, and coaching. Some of the best HC's in NFL history have made terrible GM's. McDaniels ability to evaluate talent can be questioned. But I think he is one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL, and could take this offense to the next level.

Last edited:
The Patriots D has struggled this yr. Especially in the 1st half but they have been elite in the 2nd half. Record setting actually. Ton of injuries to key players as well. All they have been doing is plugging in players and watching them contribute. Patricia has turned that D around.....

Pats are 31st in rush d ypc allowing 4.7 ypc. 17th in qb rating allowed. 25th in turnovers forced. Yet pats are 5th best in ppg defense. It makes no god damn sense besides ball control offense

So the Patricia lovers have some warts

Lions 21st rush d at 4.2 ypc, 15th qb rating and 3rd in turnovers forced with 32

And pats played 6 abysmal offenses in bills, jets and dolphins. And oak and Denver

Pats did well against chargers , Falcons and steelers losing brown. Won shootouts against saints and Texans. Lost to chiefs week 1 debacle and shootout to panthers

Last edited:
Back