Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OTL Report

It's also important to know that the numbers ESPN is coming up with include an alleged incident in 2007 that was found in the diary of a deceased woman by her parents in 2012 and then reported to police in 2014. The girl wrote in her diary that she was assaulted in 2007 at a different college campus than MSU by 4 MSU football players, the girl dies in 2012 as a result of alcohol and medication she was taking. A dead girl's diary is not evidence that is actionable, in fact the police followed up with the 4 players, 2 of which had no idea who the girl was.

I mean come on. People write all kinds of strange things in their diaries. They're seriously making a story out of that incident?

Dantonio has zero to worry about, he's done nothing wrong.

And the only thing people are concerned about with Izzo is the Walton sex assault allegations ESPN claims because no one had ever heard of that before. I seriously doubt Izzo did anything wrong there either, if he did he should face consequences.

Edit: So with Walton, the sex assault accusations were made over a year after he left MSU to go play in Europe. So they allegedly occurred while he was a GA, but not reported to anyone by the alleged victim until well over a year later. If so, Izzo did zero wrong in that case too.

I'm not quite ready to say that Izzo did nothing wrong with the Walton case until I get more details. The accusations involve more than him, it says 2 other players. A person on another board said that the letter to MSU was in August 2011 and Walton had left by that time, at least that clears Izzo from saying that he didn't know why Walton left. that seemed strange yesterday but maybe he couldn't say it was because of that charge since he did leave before the charge was made.

We need more color around that charge, everything else is defensible.

I'm not quite ready to say that Izzo did nothing wrong with the Walton case until I get more details. The accusations involve more than him, it says 2 other players. A person on another board said that the letter to MSU was in August 2011 and Walton had left by that time, at least that clears Izzo from saying that he didn't know why Walton left. that seemed strange yesterday but maybe he couldn't say it was because of that charge since he did leave before the charge was made.

We need more color around that charge, everything else is defensible.

Yeah. Agree. Those accusations are the only ones we don?t know much about, but the timing is looking like Walton leaving to play in Europe had nothing to do with them. If 2 other players were accused with him, how was it handled?

Every accusation in the ESPN article fell apart. Even th Walton one now although we still don?t know everything about it yet.

Yeah. Agree. Those accusations are the only ones we don?t know much about, but the timing is looking like Walton leaving to play in Europe had nothing to do with them. If 2 other players were accused with him, how was it handled?

Every accusation in the ESPN article fell apart. Even th Walton one now although we still don?t know everything about it yet.

Right, we need to know what everyone was told, when they were told, and how they handled it.

OTL is reporting that Travis Walton was arrested for stealing a bike in 2005. Seriously

OTL is reporting that Travis Walton was arrested for stealing a bike in 2005. Seriously

Bike thief in 2005, litterer in 2010. Most wanted.

Valenti is going off on this right now, calling it what it is, an irresponsible TMZ like witch hunt by ESPN.

Every single thing in that story has fallen apart save for a couple details about the Walton accusations, no reason to think that that doesn't totally fall apart too.

Start suing these muther fuckers right now.

brilliant strategy. then MSU's current PR nightmare will go on for several more years, instead of months.

I don't think we should sue but it's time for a rebuttal to this report. They sat on this piece for months, it's irresponsible to try to tie Nassar in with MD and Izzo. They show a picture of Nassar and then cut to MSU scoring a touchdown, bringing up issues that are already settled. They should have mentioned that MD kicked those kids off of the team before we knew if they were innocent or guilty, they should have mentioned that 4 of the accused were named in the diary of a woman that died years ago. She alleges an incident in 2007, died in 2012, MD was notified in 2014. Come on

If MD and TO survive what appears to be a witch hunt, one thing they should both do is never grant another interview to any ESPN personality.

Getting more info on the second Walton incident, the one that I was concerned about and still could bring Izzo down, but I'm more confident now. someone paused the TV when they showed it on ESPN and read the letter, at least what they could

Mr. Walton was fired from his position as assistant coach, though he also reportedly had numerous other behavioral complaints against him. It is unclear whether Mr. Walton was fired solely because of this allegation or as a culmination of complaints."

complaint from another student who reported being raped by three individuals with the MSU men's basketball team in April 2010: (and then it names the three players, blurred out).

"The incident occurred off-campus and was not reported to law enforcement. However, the victim became very concerned after hearing that the same men attempted an assault on another student co-worker in a similar manner. As a result, the student victim and her parents reported the incident to representatives from the MSU athletic department, including Athletic Director Mark Hollis, with the hope that more prevention work would be conducted

It seems from this that the woman claiming she was assaulted did not want this to go to the police, it wasn't brought to MSU until over 1 year afterward. She said that she heard of a similar incident and wanted to make sure that more prevention work was done.

If Izzo and Hollis didn't report this at the request of the family of the accuser, that's a completely different situation. They weren't required to report this to title 9 because it wasn't mandatory in 2010, Obama issued the new guidelines for title 9 in 2014. If the family wanted it kept quiet, Izzo and Hollis were free to oblige.

That doesn't exonerate the players, I'm sure they told their side of the story, not sure how deeply it was looked into and questions remained, but given this, I understand that there is a situation where it may not have been reported and that was within the guidelines of the NCAA and title 9

Getting more info on the second Walton incident, the one that I was concerned about and still could bring Izzo down, but I'm more confident now. someone paused the TV when they showed it on ESPN and read the letter, at least what they could

Mr. Walton was fired from his position as assistant coach, though he also reportedly had numerous other behavioral complaints against him. It is unclear whether Mr. Walton was fired solely because of this allegation or as a culmination of complaints."

complaint from another student who reported being raped by three individuals with the MSU men's basketball team in April 2010: (and then it names the three players, blurred out).

"The incident occurred off-campus and was not reported to law enforcement. However, the victim became very concerned after hearing that the same men attempted an assault on another student co-worker in a similar manner. As a result, the student victim and her parents reported the incident to representatives from the MSU athletic department, including Athletic Director Mark Hollis, with the hope that more prevention work would be conducted

It seems from this that the woman claiming she was assaulted did not want this to go to the police, it wasn't brought to MSU until over 1 year afterward. She said that she heard of a similar incident and wanted to make sure that more prevention work was done.

If Izzo and Hollis didn't report this at the request of the family of the accuser, that's a completely different situation. They weren't required to report this to title 9 because it wasn't mandatory in 2010, Obama issued the new guidelines for title 9 in 2014. If the family wanted it kept quiet, Izzo and Hollis were free to oblige.

That doesn't exonerate the players, I'm sure they told their side of the story, not sure how deeply it was looked into and questions remained, but given this, I understand that there is a situation where it may not have been reported and that was within the guidelines of the NCAA and title 9

Walton says he had no idea he was ever accused of sexual assault. Is it possible that the parents didn't even mention names? This is a strange situation, people don't realize that Title 9 has changed dramatically since 2010. And people are assuming rape with sexual assaults, sometimes it could be copping a feel, still awful, but less awful than rape. And if this was a gang rape, what fucking kind of parents don't call the police?

I think there are questions left to be answered around this one alleged incident. Dantonio has nothing to answer for. Izzo might have to answer some things around this, but at worst it sounds like Hollis was the responsible party for that.

Walton says he had no idea he was ever accused of sexual assault. Is it possible that the parents didn't even mention names? This is a strange situation, people don't realize that Title 9 has changed dramatically since 2010. And people are assuming rape with sexual assaults, sometimes it could be copping a feel, still awful, but less awful than rape. And if this was a gang rape, what fucking kind of parents don't call the police?

I think there are questions left to be answered around this one alleged incident. Dantonio has nothing to answer for. Izzo might have to answer some things around this, but at worst it sounds like Hollis was the responsible party for that.

I don't even know how responsible Hollis would be, not going to the police if the family didn't want that to be the case? He was possibly honoring their wishes? I don't think that's a bad thing, bad situation yes, but we just need more info.

Put out by a PR firm he hired, smart. Probably gone over by lawyers.

Puts this into context, Walton wasn't a GA, he was a volunteer, so he was never hired or fired by Izzo. Walton's statement holds more weight than the whole of ESPN's bullshit article.

Do people really think he got a littering charge for punching a girl in the face in public?

He may have, he could be lying to protect himself. Was there evidence that the woman had bruises? concussion? most likely a case of an argument getting out of hand.

He may have, he could be lying to protect himself. Was there evidence that the woman had bruises? concussion? most likely a case of an argument getting out of hand.

It was an argument in a public place, a bar. The court papers will likely be out there soon, but there were multiple witnesses. Either way, Walton came out with a strong statement today. And his statement proves ESPN's article is inaccurate in at least one way, he was never fired from MSU.

It was an argument in a public place, a bar. The court papers will likely be out there soon, but there were multiple witnesses. Either way, Walton came out with a strong statement today. And his statement proves ESPN's article is inaccurate in at least one way, he was never fired from MSU.

Right, a not so significant detail since he wasn't a coach, just a student manager really.

The woman supposedly has bruises and a concussion so I doubt he's telling the truth. there were varying accounts of what happened so at least there is doubt for conviction, but I bet he was being an A-hole

Holy shit, the girl who claim Walton hit her in a bar is losing it on social media. According to her:
-Izzo conspired against her
-police were against her
-bar people slipped her attacker out the back door
-DA plead an open and shut case (DA against her)
-video destroyed (bar against her)
-people made statements against her (witnesses against her)
-no lawyers would take her case (legal community against her)
-Izzo hired an army of lawyers to defend Walton

I am not kidding, girl is losing it. All this after she couldn't ID who hit her until she looked at videos of people leaving the bar and she picked out the black guy. She's a MAGA hat wearing anti black lives matter gem too. Wow.

Last edited:
Holy shit, the girl who claim Walton hit her in a bar is losing it on social media. According to her:
-Izzo conspired against her
-police were against her
-bar people slipped her attacker out the back door
-DA plead an open and shut case (DA against her)
-video destroyed (bar against her)
-people made statements against her (witnesses against her)
-no lawyers would take her case (legal community against her)
-Izzo hired an army of lawyers to defend Walton

I am not kidding, girl is losing it. All this after she couldn't ID who hit her until she looked at videos of people leaving the bar and she picked out the black guy. She's a MAGA hat wearing anti black lives matter gem too. Wow.
In 2009, she got two speeding tickets, a dui, and a Marijuana possession charge.

She did say in the interview that she told Walton to f off, Walton said that she threw a drink at him.

I have no doubt Walton was being a prick in this situation, sounds like people drinking and both acting like assholes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back