Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We Are ...

G

Marshall!!

Just happened to sit up at the bar here at the Beverly Hilton next to a very large dude who played for Marshall during the Pennington/Moss era and then for 3yrs in the NFL with CAROLINA.

He said Moss is the sickest athlete he's ever been around and thinks he'll un-retire very soon. Always funny and interesting to meet actual players who dispel the more fantasy/video game view so many fans have.

Just a normal dude who now trains Army cadets in hand-to-hand combat with his lineman background.

Cool.

Former athletes have the best stories. They never get tired of talking.

I dont know if Moss will unretire. the said today that the Eagles offered him the vet min deal and he turned it down because the money was to low and he was insulted. So not only does the team have to be good but the money has to be high as well.

Jimmy was super-chill and I would guess Samoan or similar in terms of heritage. Played for Seifert who he called a genius, but past his prime time and said John Fox is a 'smart, smart dude' [good to hear for me]

Samoan's are cool people as long as you don't do anything to make them not like you. Fun loving people, but very prideful.

Ha, yeah. A guy at our firm played S for Wyoming (recruited by Tiller who then bailed for PUR and also Washington until they yanked his schollie offer for Tuiasospo). Apparently both BYU and Utah recruit heavily from the Pac Islands and he said Samoans are simply tough, dirty bastards and hated playing against them.

Love,
Troy Polomalu

Back