Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FPS on Console

schles192

Anybody out there play FPS on console? I just ordered some FPS freeks and wondered if anyone already has them.

i hate console FPSes. PC ones, i like a lot. the Half-Life/Portal series is my favorite game series of all time.

I mostly play FPS and sports games on PS3. I like Black Ops but I am dying for Battlefield 3. That game looks insane.

Spockmaster said:
i hate console FPSes. PC ones, i like a lot. the Half-Life/Portal series is my favorite game series of all time.

Portal is pretty boss, really liked the 2nd one. I prefer 3rd person games though, in 1st person games your guy moves around like a paraplegic retard, you just cant see it.

I have had xbox, xbox360, ps3 and pc and ive got to say that the ps3 is by far the best to play fps and sports games on. They just seem to play smoother and faster. i really hate ps3 online though....xbox by far kills ps in this part.

it should only be smoother on ps3 than pc if you have a crappy pc/video card heh.

i agree on sports games for ps3 though.

Just sold my 360 and all of my games. I'm sitting on solely a PC for a while (which I prefer) but kept a 360 wired controller to play my the few sports games with on PC. Will finally have a new computer by next year...just gotta finish up this college jazz.

I'm all about my RPGs. Fallout3 and New Vegas.. Elder Scrolls SkyeRim will be out in November!! I'm very excited for it..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I'm all about my RPGs. Fallout3 and New Vegas.. Elder Scrolls SkyeRim will be out in November!! I'm very excited for it..

I loved Fallout 3. Haven't had the chance to play New Vegas yet, and I am really really excited about ES5 Skyrim. I was actually just playing Morrowind recently. A lot of kinda crazy things in the game, but I found that I enjoyed its unpolished-ness.

I also like the description of The Elder Scrolls 2 from wikipedia, "Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is equal to twice the size of Great Britain, around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall"

Spockmaster said:

I'm finally getting the chance to play Portal on my computer. I've heard so so so many good things about it. Week and a half till classes start. So that should give me a nice chunk of time to play.

tbh, im not super excited for skyrim. i LOVE rpgs but have never been able to get into the elder scrolls games. oddly enough, i loved fallout 3 (new vegas is also fun, but its exactly the same game but with a different story/locale, and one that i wasnt excited about in the mojave desert area). bethseda makes some great games, but as much as everyone i know absolutely loves the elder scroll games they've always seemed "meh" to me. it probably has something to do with the fact that the click-to-slash from those games feels clunky and its usually buggy as hell.

a new-ish genre that i love are FPS-RPGs, especially the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is my 2nd favorite game of all time behind the combined half-life universe (which since theyre all related i tend to treat like one game for this purpose). it was buggy as hell, but in kind of an endearing way and ive never played a more immersive game. now that its been out for like 4 years, basically all the bugs have been fixed with patches and theres a few mods that add more to the game to make it basically perfect.

is anyone else torn between MW3 and battlefield 3 ? I'm going to buy MW3 first but ive been reading that battlefield may have not only caught up with MW but now may be better. The one thing that is drawing me over to battlefield is i read that they will have tanks and more vehicles to use which would be more fun i think.

Spock, I definitely agree that New Vegas felt like a huge expansion.... but I had absolutely no problem with it.. Why mess that much with success?

I play Black Ops on the 360. Matter of fact, I'm downloading the Rezurrection Pack as I type this. I've tried other FPS games online, but I always end up going back to CoD, it's just a much smoother game to play. The only game that's even remotely close is Halo, but I can't really stand Halo.

As for the RPG talk, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both awesome games. DLC for NV was less than impressive until Old World Blues, which I enjoyed more than any DLC for Fallout yet. Oblivion is my favorite game of all time (I haven't played Morrowind). Needless to say, I'm counting the days till Skyrim comes out.

This fall is gonna be epic. Gears 3 in a month, Battlefield 3 a month after that, then MW3 and Skyrim on 11/11, Assassin's Creed: Revelations on 11/15. Last but not least, the Lonesome Road DLC should be coming out for New Vegas in the next month or so. Gonna be a lot of gaming between now and December.

For those that play using controllers with the analog stick I recommend picking up the fps freeks. They snap on to the analog sticks making them longer meaning you have to move your thumb further increasing accuracy. They have allowed me to bump up my look sensitivity to 10, which messed me up at first but I've adjusted. They sell for about 13 bucks you really only need the one for the right stick.
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Controller-Accessories/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

Back