Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Earthquake in DC

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
5.8 - It originated in Virginia, but felt strongly in DC and in New York as well. Very weird, I don't know if I remember an earthquake in that region.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]5.8 - It originated in Virginia, but felt strongly in DC and in New York as well. Very weird, I don't know if I remember an earthquake in that region.

I was just going to take a short nap and saw it on the tv.
They said it was also felt in Detroit and other cities in Michigan, as well as North Carolina, and New York.
I might nap in the bathtub now.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":zut8t8a8]5.8 - It originated in Virginia, but felt strongly in DC and in New York as well. Very weird, I don't know if I remember an earthquake in that region.

I was just going to take a short nap and saw it on the tv.
They said it was also felt in Detroit and other cities in Michigan.
I might nap in the bathtub now.[/quote:zut8t8a8]

lol they just said it was felt in Atlanta on CNN.

Thought i read Colorado had their biggest recorded earthquake yesterday too....world is ending.

Shook the building I'm working in for a good 30 seconds, so you could definitely feel it in Detroit. Heard it was felt all the way up to Toronto.

cheeno said:
Shook the building I'm working in for a good 30 seconds, so you could definitely feel it in Detroit. Heard it was felt all the way up to Toronto.

wow.

As someone who has never experienced an earthquake it took a few seconds to sink in what was happening. It felt like all of a sudden I was drunk and the whole world ways swaying side to side.

They are doing some emergency preparedness tests on the river here and were suppose to be blowing stuff up so I though it might have been that, but it would of had to be a huge explosion and there was no sound of a blast. After 10 seconds of shaking I figured it was a quake. mhughes you must have experienced some quakes in Ca.

I also live in SD. We get some quakes but the bigger ones come from la or from the east (san Andreas). The last one that hit in mexi cali, I was so Hung over on the couch it took me a while to figure out if it was the shakes or a quake. Under 6 is a good earthquake it shakes everything but doesn't really do much damage.

I live and work in Arlington VA. Second earthquake I've been in but this one last longer. Being on the 12th floor and just outside the Pentagon I didn't know what was going on. But no real damage which is good so back to work tomorrow.

My Uncle was 75 miles from the Epi-center. They felt it pretty good and it knocked some books off his shelf and spooked the cats..

cheeno said:
Our Alexandria, Virginia office was evacuated and my boss's old brick DC row house got some cracks in the wall. His neighbors with an end unit had the front wall separate by a couple feet. Crazy stuff.

I felt it here in Southfield, and have friends who said they felt it in Chicago too.

Best wishes to everyone on the east coast dealing with this severe devastation. May all your patio sets and plants make a swift recovery!

004.jpg

003.jpg

imagesCAU58L4I.jpg

Back