Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coaches poll out Michigan #34

unless they lose their first game...

someone has to be ranked somewhere.

I really don't see a viable alternative bc espn is so big that they would never go along with not having a poll until week 5 at the earliest. I just think that its garbage that if you're ranked preseason #1 and lose early, its MUCH easier to move back into the championship talk than if you're #20 and lose a game.
Which is why I say go to an 8 team playoff, where even if you are ranked #20, and lose a game, then chances that you're ranked in the top 8 are very good.

bigvic said:
Noter Dame sucks HAS to be Top 20 every pre-season so its millions of partially irish bandwagon fans can get all excited about reliving 1988. Then they lose to good teams, beat enough shitty teams to get Bowl eligible (or better, auto-bid into the BCS with its loophole) and trot out this sappy, sentimentalized garbage about how glorious a win over Navy is because of the grans "tradition."

I can't wait to beat #18 at home on 9/10

dont leave out Lou and his ND wining the NC after a 2 and 0 start

dubbsco said:
When is Northwestern actually going to live up to their media darling billing?? No way Michigan finishes below them, they are still severly lacking on talent. If Persa gets injured again, they can be a sub .500.

being #31 isn't exactly a "media darling."

but anyways, Persa was pretty damn good last year before he tore his achilles. He's back, and I think they have a pretty solid squad.

njwolverines97 said:
I really don't see a viable alternative bc espn is so big that they would never go along with not having a poll until week 5 at the earliest. I just think that its garbage that if you're ranked preseason #1 and lose early, its MUCH easier to move back into the championship talk than if you're #20 and lose a game.
Which is why I say go to an 8 team playoff, where even if you are ranked #20, and lose a game, then chances that you're ranked in the top 8 are very good.

It's not just ESPN. There are lots of folks who make money on preseason polls. No way they wait for the season to start.

I like the 8 team playoff as well. No reason they can't make it work, other than, once again, MONEY. Though some have said there would be more money with a playoff than the current set-up.

Back