Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox ALCS Game 4 Thread

Prince has every right to avoid the media. He has no right to let his personal problems interfere with his professional obligation to perform at his best, whatever that is. He is obviously not engaged in his profession at the moment and thankfully, his mates picked him up. I'd sit him if he wants to dwell on his personal life while in uniform until he learn to separate the two.

Last edited:
Prince Fielder needs to stop being a little bitch. BTW, those rumors about Avi and Chanel came out in mid-August.. I don't see why reporters would just now be hearing them. He probably doesn't want to answer questions as to why he sucks.

If we want to criticize Fielder for what he's doing on the field then that's fine. He certainly deserves that right now. I think it's pretty unfair to say he's being a bitch or he can't separate his personal from his professional life, as if it's so easy. We like to act that these guys are super human and can do things we can't, but Fielder is just a man like you and me who happens to be good at playing a game when he's on point. If I found out my wife was bangin some other dude, let alone one of my good friends or a coworker, then I don't just push that out of my mind whenever I want to or have to. Divorce is an ugly ugly process (my cousin was completely ruined by his emotionally), and family is everybody's first obligation in life. Just because we are fans of a sports team and want them to do well, it's not right to blast a man for being upset over something like this.

If he's having problems performing professionally, then it's on the management and coaches to act accordingly. Sit him for a game, move him around in the lineup, or bench him altogether if he can't live up to his abilities at the moment. I don't think people would be too upset if VMart took over at first base for him right now. Do what you have to to put the best possible team out there.

Last edited:
We can't give up on Prince.. Hopefully he can turn it around.Like was said divorce is a hard for everyone evolved...

Last edited:
Shortly after Prince was signed by the Tigers, DD was quoted as saying that Fielder's family was of utmost importance to him above all else, or words to that effect. I am fairly certain that his father's messy divorce from his mother...then his subsequent remarriage to his "stepmother" made Prince even more angry and embittered toward his feckless father Cecil.

Prince likely vowed never to be like his gambling addicted/indebted father, but probably never had foreseen his own spouse causing him to file for divorce, allegedly due at least in part to her cheating on him, and possibly with another rumored (ex) member of the team. So Prince might feel like HE failed to keep his family together and his marriage intact, just like his father could not, and that might have so deeply affected him emotionally that he is unable to maintain much, if not most of his focus on his profession.

Whether or not Prince can or will recover and return to his career norms remains to be seen, of course. He has never been a good defender, but it was his hitting that was his "carte d'appel" so if he continues his struggles @ the plate long term, his value to the Tigers ballclub will diminish, since he eventually will be most suited for only the DH role while the cost in terms of remaining contract years & his salary will not.

Last edited:
I am so glad that the Tigers finally came out on top. It has been so long since the Tigers had a 7-run lead. Thankfully, the Red Sox didn't get close to coming back in late innings. Go Tigers! I am glad that the Tigers cannot lose this series in 5 games. It's always good to see your team putting up the wins to go to 6 or 7 games (or 5, if it's a 5 game series). I gotta say that the Red Sox seem to have a good team spirit. Even though you could make fun of their whiny fan base, or the media, which seems to love putting Red Sox clips on TV, I think you have to respect the positive team spirit of the Red Sox.

I am so glad that the Tigers finally came out on top. It has been so long since the Tigers had a 7-run lead. Thankfully, the Red Sox didn't get close to coming back in late innings. Go Tigers! I am glad that the Tigers cannot lose this series in 5 games. It's always good to see your team putting up the wins to go to 6 or 7 games (or 5, if it's a 5 game series). I gotta say that the Red Sox seem to have a good team spirit. Even though you could make fun of their whiny fan base, or the media, which seems to love putting Red Sox clips on TV, I think you have to respect the positive team spirit of the Red Sox.

I just got tired of the Red Sox bitching about the strike zone.. Its the playoffs for crying out loud..

I just got tired of the Red Sox bitching about the strike zone.. Its the playoffs for crying out loud..

Actually, I hope they are still bitching about it tonight. Because that would mean Sanchez is smoking them again.

Same lineup for tonights Game 5 except for Infante and Avila flipping spots.

Back