Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Question from the game thread.

lonesometiger

Really too early to say. And I'm sure there quite few that have ideas. But all IMO most would agree the Bull Pen has got to get better! And really Tigers did not address this last off season.

To be honest we didn't really need to address the bullpen last offseason. That's a hindsight thing everyone is clinging to. Same as those who say we needed a high OBP guy to lead off....everyone was satisfied with Jackson, but now it's being said DD hates OBP guys because all of a sudden Ajax and Hunter are struggling...

The only real BP question mark was closer. Villarreal, Alberquerque, Dotel, Coke, Rondon, Smyly, Below, Downs....wasn't going to be lights out but should not have been as bad as they were.

To be honest we didn't really need to address the bullpen last offseason. That's a hindsight thing everyone is clinging to. Same as those who say we needed a high OBP guy to lead off....everyone was satisfied with Jackson, but now it's being said DD hates OBP guys because all of a sudden Ajax and Hunter are struggling...

The only real BP question mark was closer. Villarreal, Alberquerque, Dotel, Coke, Rondon, Smyly, Below, Downs....wasn't going to be lights out but should not have been as bad as they were.

The "DD hates OBP" guys have been going on forever. And the "we need to address BP" has been going on all year. And its not about Jackson or Hunter in the playoffs but the fact he doesn't draft or sign guys that do it well..That's been going on for the past couple years, not just lately..

One problem I have is when you get to the post season everyone is screaming for the starter to be replaced too early or Leyland overreacts. BP aren't as a good as starters, hence the reason why they're BP. Our #1, possible Cy Young, should have had every chance to get out of a jam him self.

Some of us have been yapping for a OBP guy in the one and two slot for years.. We are frustrated that DD never drafts players of this kind players or that the Tigers do not seem to teach plate discipline in the minors or anywhere.. Moving Jackson to 7th,8th or 9th would be perfect for this line-up if we could find a true lead-off hitter.. Jackson is ok but just not a great lead-off hitter.. The bullpen has not been up and down all season and has dropped many leads in which the Tigers had. What 4 or 5 more wins and we tie Boston for the best record and maybe have home field. Add those into all the games you know how cost the Tigers and that is that... Moving Jackson down and finding a good leadoff hitter would just make the line-up much stronger in my opinion..

Last edited:
When you have a once in a generation type hitter like miguel you need to maximize his talent with the right players around him. We haven't had a good leadoff hitter since lou Whitaker really. Torii was a good signing but we need more runners on for cabby.

I've tried not to think about the game or watch highlights, I get too pissed. I'd say this season is just a shame, if it wasn't for the injury wed be in much better shape. Our offense just completely shit the bed after cabby got hurt, we never recovered. It would have been nice to have dotel or rondon too. Nobody has perfect luck with injury but we had an injury to the one guy you couldnt afford to get injured at the worst possible time.

Back