Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wofford Preview

Michigan fans don't deny that MSU has had a rough spell of injuries. But we got sick of the constant whining and bitching about it. And now that the team looks relatively healthy, it is absolute hilarious that due to the experts, and three games, the fan base is beyond cocky.

Congrats on winning the BTT, which meant more to MSU than Michigan, and they wanted it more by a large margin. Shit, look at the RCMB. Those goofs had a thread started about how this was the most important MSU game vs Michigan ever. Something tells me the players echoed that sentiment.

Last edited:
I'm glad the Wofford preview thread could be ruined by MSU fans who spend half their life on a Michigan board. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Michigan is the best team in the Big 10. Proved it by going 17-4 against the competition.

They'll handle Wofford.

Michigan fans don't deny that MSU has had a rough spell of injuries. But we got sick of the constant whining and bitching about it. And now that the team looks relatively healthy, it is absolute hilarious that due to the experts, and three games, the fan base is beyond cocky.

Congrats on winning the BTT, which meant more to MSU than Michigan, and they wanted it more by a large margin. Shit, look at the RCMB. Those goofs had a thread started about how this was the most important MSU game vs Michigan ever. Something tells me the players echoed that sentiment.

RCMB is a mob that I really don't want to be associated with.

I'm sure if Michigan had won, you'd be singing a different tune than this "BTT didn't mean that much" stuff. Michigan game out with a lot of energy early on, as MSU imposed their will the body language changed. I don't expect most of you to admit it but you had a great chance to put the injury talk to rest. Just because you lost doesn't mean it wasn't a statement game.

I'm glad the Wofford preview thread could be ruined by MSU fans who spend half their life on a Michigan board. Somehow I'm not surprised.

as I've said many times, most of my posts on this board are in response to posts about MSU.

Fyi, izzo is generally loved and respected everywhere outside of ann arbor.

Also, as far as being whiny, did you hear belein going on about how his definition of a travel is different than some refs? That was whining. It doesn't bother me because he's just a passionate coach who wants to win and gives an honest answer, just pointig out that coaches to complain.
I do like jb though, he's a great coach and a classy guy.

LMAO

One guy mentioned one play... The other guy Whined all year about injuries and cry's on the sidelinenon-stop... Almost as bad as Bo Ryan, and Mike K. now....

You hardly heard a peep out of Michigan about losing McGary...

Last edited:
Let's move on shall we? This has been discussed to death. MSU was the better team on Sunday. Michigan took two of three, injuries or not. Both fanbases have to live with that reality. Excuses this, excuses that. In a few years nobody's going to see asteriks next to any of the wins. I don't care if MSU is the "better" team or not, I care who won the games. I was happy when Michigan won the first two, and I was not happy when they lost Sunday.

Michigan is the best team in the Big 10. Proved it by going 17-4 against the competition.

They'll handle Wofford.

I know they will handle them, but I would rather talk about a team we are going to play than going in this god damn circle again.

Wofford does have a great logo:
wofford_display_image.jpg

you calling US Homer Fans?!?!

...and see what I mean about not bothering with your stupid, roundy-round arguments??

By the way, you sound sort of angry.

Actually no, I have never put a ton of stock in the BTT, unless Michigan was a low seed an needed to win it to make the tournament. If they would have beat MSU, I would have rubbed it in for sure, but not have marched around like it was a huge accomplishment.

I'll put this out there. If MSU doesn't have their best player and Michigan doesn't have their best player, who wins the Bg10 this year?

I'll put this out there. If MSU doesn't have their best player and Michigan doesn't have their best player, who wins the Bg10 this year?

it depends on who you consider to be the best player. McGary is automatically the best player since he's not playing. Who's MSU's best or most important player? Harris? he's the top NBA prospect, Payne could be the most dominant at times, Appling may be the most important because of his position. I'd assume that if we lost one of these guys early we'd adjust and new players would step in and take on new roles.

I guess ill make this simpler. If Michigan plays without their best player(Mcgary) and MSU plays without theirs(which ever player and excuse from week to week), who wins the Big10? Certainly not Wisconsin and certainly not MSU because it has already been played out. Goodbye, thank you, have a nice day. Sbee, you are one of the MSU posters I like around here, but resting your tits on one game doesn't make sense to me. Especially when you say you guys have the better team after that one game. You had the better team that day. We were still in the tournament final after steamrolling through the regular season and winning it. We had a bad game, thats allowed to happen. If we were to switch positions and it was Michigan who lost the first 2 matchups and won the tournament after getting Mcgary back, most of us would say we are a differnt team and competitive now. Most of us certainly would not say we were better than State all of the sudden. Thats just wouldn't make any sense.

I guess ill make this simpler. If Michigan plays without their best player(Mcgary) and MSU plays without theirs(which ever player and excuse from week to week), who wins the Big10? Certainly not Wisconsin and certainly not MSU because it has already been played out. Goodbye, thank you, have a nice day. Sbee, you are one of the MSU posters I like around here, but resting your tits on one game doesn't make sense to me. Especially when you say you guys have the better team after that one game. You had the better team that day. We were still in the tournament final after steamrolling through the regular season and winning it. We had a bad game, thats allowed to happen. If we were to switch positions and it was Michigan who lost the first 2 matchups and won the tournament after getting Mcgary back, most of us would say we are a differnt team and competitive now. Most of us certainly would not say we were better than State all of the sudden. Thats just wouldn't make any sense.

Maybe youre right, that's why vegas has you with much better odds to win the nc. They have a lot more faith in Michigan than msu

Maybe youre right, that's why vegas has you with much better odds to win the nc. They have a lot more faith in Michigan than msu

If you don't like the conversation, change it.

Back