Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blizzard up and down the East Coast

Well shit, if it was merely 2 inches to the record, glad to see you got it. Getting the record fills you with a bit of pride, raises your head a bit higher, and being 2 inches short is never a good thing. ;P

Glad you survived it KC!

I feel and look like I shrunk 2 inches since the first blizzard on January 21st. Too much shoveling for myself and friends/neighbors.
I stoked up a Cuban Montecristo #2 I had been saving tonight while clearing my car to celebrate.
oh, I've survived alot worse while delivering mail for 38 years.

5 days to Spring!!!

Last edited:
After a week of melting, Boston officially surpassed those 107.6 inches recorded during the Winter of 1995-1996. About 3 inches tonight brought the total to 108.6
The city has received more snow during this 2014-2015 season than any since 1872.

Wow, you got 3"? It barely flurried here.

this is crazy... it was in the 60's in Chicago all weekend.

we still have a couple piles in our yard here and there on the shady side of our fence, but most of the snow is gone.

it's supposed to get up to 70 by the end of the afternoon here... that should do it.

I've already gotten used to nicer weather, washed the car & the interior, walked around the yard to see what needs to be done, etc. I just KNOW we're going to get hit one more time before May though, and I'm dreading it.

Well shit, if it was merely 2 inches to the record, glad to see you got it. Getting the record fills you with a bit of pride, raises your head a bit higher, and being 2 inches short is never a good thing. ;P

Glad you survived it KC!

I agree... sounds like it was worth it.

Welll...maybe old man winter has lost most of his tight grip on the Midwest and NE, but we here in MI will be reminded of how bad it was every time we drive on our ever-shittier roads and streets.

The jerkoffs in Lansing have started an ad campaign in favor of hiking our sales tax from 6 to 7% to repair our transportation infrasstructure, but what they AREN'T mentioning is that a sizable chunk of that 1% increase will go into the so-called "general fund" to support legislators' pet projects. That really grinds my gears, and I try not to throw shit @ the TV when the commercial airs.

Last edited:
Wow, you got 3"? It barely flurried here.

It's kinda crazy here Joel. Nothing when I got back from a friend's house at 5:00.
Then it started to flurry around 7. I'm on here and watch that Battle Creek from 10 to 11, take a leak and look out the window and the cars were covered.

We are still getting the cold winds from Canada, about 40 to 42 today and Tuesday, where the rest of the country is in the 60's/70's/80's. Then Wednesday and Thursday more cold coming in for us in Mass and R.I.

It has to end sometime.

Back