Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT -- Suggested upgrades around these parts

MAIZEandBLUE09

So it was mentioned a while ago that these boards seem a bit stagnant -- and I agree. What can we do to get more "new blood" to the board? It seems like it's down to like 10 or so regular posters....at least on this board. It would be nice to freshen things up for the season to get more topics and more discussions going.

In addition, it would be nice if alerts could somehow be added so that when people reply/quote to your comment you get some sort of alert on the page. I know I check here a couple times a day and sometimes miss people replying to my stuff or forget I commented within a topic only to check on it a week later and go "oh yeah". Seems like conversations just get killed off because there aren't enough posters and when you do post you lose track of it -- or maybe that's just me.

So it was mentioned a while ago that these boards seem a bit stagnant -- and I agree. What can we do to get more "new blood" to the board? It seems like it's down to like 10 or so regular posters....at least on this board. It would be nice to freshen things up for the season to get more topics and more discussions going.

In addition, it would be nice if alerts could somehow be added so that when people reply/quote to your comment you get some sort of alert on the page. I know I check here a couple times a day and sometimes miss people replying to my stuff or forget I commented within a topic only to check on it a week later and go "oh yeah". Seems like conversations just get killed off because there aren't enough posters and when you do post you lose track of it -- or maybe that's just me.

I totally agree on that alert idea. I post on SportsHoopla as well as here and see you are pretty active on that site. I love the alert notification on there when someone replies or likes one of my posts. I too forget what I commented on many times on here and don't see replies until way later.

he'll post the identical thread over the weekend, then get in a long argument with DeathRoh about it

He's going to forget he started this thread, and not read your reply for a week.

No, but in long threads, which has been occurring less and less (see problem #1), it gets really hard to have long conversations with multiple posters. Or you'll post something, no one will reply immediately and someone will reply days later and you'll never see it.

Seems like conversations just get killed off...

Shhh...the mafia does not look kindly on those who rat them out, youknowwhati'msayin'. You can't just go blabbing about their work like that, could lead to investigations and that is never good. If I were you I'd seriously consider Witness Protection. Maybe you could use a new screen name...something like Seymour Butts...wait, scratch that....ah, yeah, that's better...

huh, what? I had an itch! sorry, jeez...no privacy at all around here!

just doing my part here to help out MB...would hate for this thread to get whacked. :p

Back