Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All white uniforms for Utah ala 1974 era

At least they are an actual throwback and not some garbage adidas came up with and called a throwback.

Still wish we were wearing maize pants.

The all white were from my time at Michigan so I like it because it places more emphasis on the helmet.

Last edited:
The all white were from my time at Michigan so I like it because it places more emphasis on the helmet.

They're from Harbaughs time as ball boy, although I don't know if "worked" road games.

Although maybe he did.

Always thought the all white look made Texas look like they were playing in their Longjohns (LOL, just autocorrected to 'Longhorns') but they also have a predominantly white helmet, wore white shoes and tape.

And who cares, mostly and agree they're actual jerseys not 'throwbacks'

About time byco's getting out there.

They were only worn for two seasons. Not much history with them.

from the article:
"Q. Will your team be wearing the all-white uniforms at Utah, which has been speculated? A. Yes, they will be wearing the all-white uniforms. That's the choice we made. I like them. It's the first one I remember. It's what I remember the team wearing in '74 and '75, and I know they were wearing them against Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.
Q. What was it about those uniforms that you liked?
A. I just liked them. There's really not that much to peel the onion back on with that, but I did like them."

They wore the all-white unis from '73-'75; '73 was Jack Harbaugh's 1st year there. Jim Hackett also played then, I think.

from the article:
"Q. Will your team be wearing the all-white uniforms at Utah, which has been speculated? A. Yes, they will be wearing the all-white uniforms. That's the choice we made. I like them. It's the first one I remember. It's what I remember the team wearing in '74 and '75, and I know they were wearing them against Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.
Q. What was it about those uniforms that you liked?
A. I just liked them. There's really not that much to peel the onion back on with that, but I did like them."

They wore the all-white unis from '73-'75; '73 was Jack Harbaugh's 1st year there. Jim Hackett also played then, I think.

Ah ok. So three seasons of white pants.

Harbaugh said why the team is wearing them ...he likes them.

It's not because they're iconic in Michigan lore or some testament to a particular era or past head coach.

Jim Harbaugh likes them.

/ and so Endeth the onion

Last edited:
It's not because they're iconic in Michigan lore or some testament to a particular era

Actually Harbaugh says that that is exactly what it is.

It's the era when Harbaugh became a Michigan football fan.

The first unis he remembers.

The first year that Jack was on the staff.

It would have been Jim's first year in Ann Arbor and he would've been starting fourth grade.

Actually Harbaugh says that that is exactly what it is.

It's the era when Harbaugh became a Michigan football fan.

The first unis he remembers.

The first year that Jack was on the staff.

It would have been Jim's first year in Ann Arbor and he would've been starting fourth grade.

I meant they're not some special jersey or being made to be special, they're our jerseys because coach likes them. It's an iconic era to Jim as a kid, yes.

I meant they're not some special jersey or being made to be special, they're our jerseys because coach likes them. It's an iconic era to Jim as a kid, yes.

The white pants came along pretty early in my own history as a Michigan fan; I would've been starting seventh grade at Forsyth.

I remember liking them too.

OK I called Harbaugh and told him that we need to go all-white and he said "C'MON!"

Back