Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Effing media

Gulo Blue

Does anyone remember how news articles were supposed to get the "who, what, where, and when" in the 1st paragraph of a story and then expand on it? When I'm skimming, I find myself skipping the first few paragraphs these days and looking for the info in the middle of stories first, then I go back to the start if I don't see it. I just realized that I've developed this habit. So many writers try to paint a background before getting to the thing in the title that got you to click.

Does anyone remember how news articles were supposed to get the "who, what, where, and when" in the 1st paragraph of a story and then expand on it? When I'm skimming, I find myself skipping the first few paragraphs these days and looking for the info in the middle of stories first, then I go back to the start if I don't see it. I just realized that I've developed this habit. So many writers try to paint a background before getting to the thing in the title that got you to click.

Good point. Standards have declined... You should Write a letter to your editor. You can make a difference!

Did you all hear the great news?

Jerome corsi to head up infowars office in DC, infowars presence in White House briefings! This is fantastic! Liberty rising!

Did you all hear the great news?

Jerome corsi to head up infowars office in DC, infowars presence in White House briefings! This is fantastic! Liberty rising!

I see it as awful. Infowars is one of those places I'll only look at if I'm curious about some crazy BS someone has posted. I'd never go there for information.

kP4Yax1.jpg

I see it as awful. Infowars is one of those places I'll only look at if I'm curious about some crazy BS someone has posted. I'd never go there for information.

too each his own

The tables have turned the crackpots now control the narrative

And imo that's a good thing

Last edited:
The progressives need someone to battle Rupert's evil empire of Far Right FIXed News !!!!!

Thank goodness there are a lot of us, trump won. - CA & NY

Yeah the Right has been waiting to kill America for years and now they have all three branches the destruction has started. Trump wants to be a dictator. Pretty easy to see that. That zealot look in Paul Ryan's eyes is a scary thing. Hopefully the moderates can turn it around in 2 years but with the Koch brothers and gerrymandering it looks like the Right is digging in to crush any dissent .

Yeah the Right has been waiting to kill America for years and now they have all three branches the destruction has started. Trump wants to be a dictator. Pretty easy to see that. That zealot look in Paul Ryan's eyes is a scary thing. Hopefully the moderates can turn it around in 2 years but with the Koch brothers and gerrymandering it looks like the Right is digging in to crush any dissent .

My biggest concern right now is Georges attempts to Arab spring the united states. This is a clear and present danger IMO

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/03/l...ind-the-call-to-arms-at-milos-berkeley-event/

But hey, i'm going to back off and let you guys have all the fun venting for the next 8 years. Once the Tigers start this year i'm putting politics on the back burner. i'm confident trump will do what's right for america, infowars has his ear ya know, and I f'n love it.

Last edited:
My biggest concern right now is Georges attempts to Arab spring the united states. This is a clear and present danger IMO

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/03/l...ind-the-call-to-arms-at-milos-berkeley-event/

But hey, i'm going to back off and let you guys have all the fun venting for the next 8 years. Once the Tigers start this year i'm putting politics on the back burner. i'm confident trump will do what's right for america, infowars has his ear ya know, and I f'n love it.

Assuming this is accurate, or somewhat accurate...

If the Daily Caller can identify the terrorists, I don't know why the law enforcement authorities can't find them and and arrest them.

Assuming this is accurate, or somewhat accurate...

If the Daily Caller can identify the terrorists, I don't know why the law enforcement authorities can't find them and and arrest them.

Trump has only been in office for 2 weeks tinsel. all in due time.. ;-) he's waiting for his AG.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/jeff_sessions_clears_senate_hu.html

had to dump all the dope stocks don't trust him on that but also have to put the greater good above the self interest, we shall see!

Last edited:
Trump has only been in office for 2 weeks tinsel. all in due time.. ;-)

Local law enforcement has nothing to do with Trump or any president. It would start with the Berkeley police, where the terrorism took place, and expand outward; maybe involve the Tucson police where apparently the group is headquartered.

There have been lots of terrorists arrested or killed by local law enforcement, and also to a degree the FBI, over the last 16 years, and neither Bush nor Obama cuffed or shot a single one of them.

What is "Dead America" going to be like?

Just look up the 14 Defining Charactertics of Fascism by Dr Lawrence Britt. Then tell me your concerned? The Gop has both houses and president who is a puppet who can be controlled by Bannon, Russia ,Ryan Gop ect.
Let's see trump or his group have started a war with the media, claim our nation security is messed up said they will make the military string again lol. ( because as you know we hardly spend anything on the miltary) more corporate protections are coming lol..Disdain for the arts.

Overturn citizen united, and get all money out of politics . STOP gerrymandering and let's see who wins elections going foward.

http://www.rense.com/general37/fascism.htm

Just look up the 14 Defining Charactertics of Fascism by Dr Lawrence Britt. Then tell me your concerned? The Gop has both houses and president who is a puppet who can be controlled by Bannon, Russia ,Ryan Gop ect.
Let's see trump or his group have started a war with the media, claim our nation security is messed up said they will make the military string again lol. ( because as you know we hardly spend anything on the miltary) more corporate protections are coming lol..Disdain for the arts.

Overturn citizen united, and get all money out of politics . STOP gerrymandering and let's see who wins elections going foward.

http://www.rense.com/general37/fascism.htm

I'm sorry I asked.

Aye, Gevault.

Back