Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Hot Chili Peppers troll Columbus

I guess that means Faith No More is going to sing Ohio's fight song during their next concert in Ann Arbor.

I was going to say, they'd done this before (article says 2012) and I know Anthony Kiedes has ties to the state of Michigan. I think the GR area or something west..

Last edited:
I was going to say, they'd done this before (article says 2012) and I know Anthony Kedis has ties to the state of Michigan. I think the GR area or something west..

I thought his mom was a lawyer in Flint or Grand Ledge. I remember seeing an interview with him where he was talking about how she's been with the same firm for 30 years. he moved to LA with his dad when his parents divorced and went to high school with Flea.

Chad Smith grew up in Bloomfield Hills and graduated from the now-defunct Lahser High.

I thought his mom was a lawyer in Flint or Grand Ledge. I remember seeing an interview with him where he was talking about how she's been with the same firm for 30 years. he moved to LA with his dad when his parents divorced and went to high school with Flea.

Chad Smith grew up in Bloomfield Hills and graduated from the now-defunct Lahser High.

I might have the mother/father part backwards but yeah, that's the general story. My Uncle grew up in GR with a very dutch/GR name and there are a few of them still in the area. My cousin who grew up in Denver liked to claim "Crazy Tony" as a cousin although that was a stretch to say the least. Maybe a 3rd cousin by marriage sort of thing, but there is some tie somehow

Back