Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Baylor: Burn It To The Ground

When is the NCAA ever going to drop the hammer on this stuff? It's ridiculous that PSU basically skated with a wrist slap and Baylor is going to be treated the same.

Yeah if they're allowed to have a team when this is all said and done (if found true) then I want MSU to go full on SMU and start paying people and cheating to the highest degree.
Unfortunately we have our own issues that embarrass me.

Also, not sure if I saw this on here a week ago, but how about Jay Paterno being elected to the PSU board of trustees? If I didn't hate that school and the disgusting pieces of shit associated with it already, that is the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Yeah if they're allowed to have a team when this is all said and done (if found true) then I want MSU to go full on SMU and start paying people and cheating to the highest degree.
Unfortunately we have our own issues that embarrass me.

Also, not sure if I saw this on here a week ago, but how about Jay Paterno being elected to the PSU board of trustees? If I didn't hate that school and the disgusting pieces of shit associated with it already, that is the cherry on top.

I didn't see the Jay Paterno thing. Fuck PSU forever.

Only way to get the NCAA to pay attention.. Stop going to games or watching on TV. Hit em where it hurts.

That stuff will never work Mitch. The money they get through sponsors and TV money laughs in the face of the small amount they'd lose from fans.

That stuff will never work Mitch. The money they get through sponsors and TV money laughs in the face of the small amount they'd lose from fans.

sponsors are only paying for the eyeballs. if attendance and viewership drops, sponsor money will too.

i agree with you though that it won't work. the sad truth is, most college football fans - especially in Texas - don't give a shit about this, and will continue to support the game/Baylor regardless.

in a not surprising, related story, there's this. good old boy network always takes care of its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
sponsors are only paying for the eyeballs. if attendance and viewership drops, sponsor money will too.

i agree with you though that it won't work. the sad truth is, most college football fans - especially in Texas - don't give a shit about this, and will continue to support the game/Baylor regardless.

in a not surprising, related story, there's this. good old boy network always takes care of its own.

He can't even be trusted with a college football schedule..

"Liberty officials had planned to release their schedule later this spring, but President Trump forced their hand when he read the school?s future schedules aloud at Liberty?s graduation on Saturday."

He can't even be trusted with a college football schedule..

"Liberty officials had planned to release their schedule later this spring, but President Trump forced their hand when he read the school?s future schedules aloud at Liberty?s graduation on Saturday."

haha yeah, I forgot that blurb was in there when I posted the link! why they hell would he do that? I guess it helped pad the length of his speech. he probably demanded to be paid by minute.

Only way to get the NCAA to pay attention.. Stop going to games or watching on TV. Hit em where it hurts.

I disagree. Give Baylor an appropriately severe penalty ..perhaps just short of the "death penalty" and crush their football program. As disgusting as penn state is, the excuse was always "the players had nothing to do with it." In the case of Baylor, the players had EVERYTHING to do with it. Other programs would take notice for sure and have to put in place more controls.

Whack sparty too

I disagree. Give Baylor an appropriately severe penalty ..perhaps just short of the "death penalty" and crush their football program. As disgusting as penn state is, the excuse was always "the players had nothing to do with it." In the case of Baylor, the players had EVERYTHING to do with it. Other programs would take notice for sure and have to put in place more controls.

Whack sparty too

But the point is they won't.. They protect 'em.

Okay, maybe the Death Penalty after all ...

Attachments

• IMG_5391.jpg
    IMG_5391.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
Baylor went through a period of about 20 years of not being good. Then they hired Briles in 2008 and the program enjoyed more recent success. The price of that success is now coming out. Appears that the depravity was systemic, much like PSU. While the RR and Hoke years were rough, I am glad that Michigan didn't go down that same road. Michigan could have easily fallen into this same trap in its desire to be successful.

Ehh, I don't necessarily agree with that sentiment. Lots of successful teams do very shady things, but don't stoop even this far. Having students hook up with recruits, giving them gifts, etc... I expect that to happen with a lot of the major programs.

But allowing stuff of THIS level to happen and ignoring people telling you it's going on? Even I, the most cynical human ever, wouldn't go that far.

Ehh, I don't necessarily agree with that sentiment. Lots of successful teams do very shady things, but don't stoop even this far. Having students hook up with recruits, giving them gifts, etc... I expect that to happen with a lot of the major programs.

But allowing stuff of THIS level to happen and ignoring people telling you it's going on? Even I, the most cynical human ever, wouldn't go that far.

yeah... if you weigh the shady golden handshakes and bagmen delivering a few thousand to recruits families against knowingly bringing in guys who were criminal sex offenders - that other programs had already booted! - well... Baylor comes out looking a lot worse than the SEC.

"we'll cheat by paying you to play" isn't nearly as bad as "you can rape whoever you want if you come play for us"

a lot of people don't realize how sleazy Art Briles was either.

he showed his true colors in the lawsuits that flew back and forth last year. Both he and one of the victims were suing Baylor. Briles sued Baylor for libel & breach of contract.

After Baylor refused to settle with him for what he demanded, he issued a statement that he was going to personally apologize to the victim, making it appear he would cooperate with her in her suit against the University.

that forced Baylor back to the negotiating table, and they quickly paid him off. He then reneged on his promise to apologize... never did it, either in person or in writing.

thems just good Christian values, like they teach here in Texas. Hurr.

from the news reports, it looks like he also tried to downplay the settlement, and act like he had voluntarily withdrawn his lawsuit in order to seek "closure." Yeah, it was never about money...

a lot of people don't realize how sleazy Art Briles was either.

he showed his true colors in the lawsuits that flew back and forth last year. Both he and one of the victims were suing Baylor. Briles sued Baylor for libel & breach of contract.

After Baylor refused to settle with him for what he demanded, he issued a statement that he was going to personally apologize to the victim, making it appear he would cooperate with her in her suit against the University.

that forced Baylor back to the negotiating table, and they quickly paid him off. He then reneged on his promise to apologize... never did it, either in person or in writing.

thems just good Christian values, like they teach here in Texas. Hurr.

from the news reports, it looks like he also tried to downplay the settlement, and act like he had voluntarily withdrawn his lawsuit in order to seek "closure." Yeah, it was never about money...

He's a real piece of shit.

Back