Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wagner to Return to Michigan

The fact that this is separate from DJ... I think DJ's all but gone.

Moe Wagner: "I would've hated myself if I'd found myself in the D (NBA Development) League next year. I would rather play in college."

I think DJ should stay too

DJ is leaving early just like Burke, Stauskas, Hardaway Jr, and GR3. I'd inlcude McGary as well, but his hand was forced by the NCAA.

If DJ does leave early, our options at the 4 are pretty horrendous. Duncan may have to start there and he can't match up with other 4s.

Charles Matthews would have to be an option, but he's only 6'5". The other option is to move Wagner to the 4 and have Davis or Teske start at the 5.

Even if Wilson does return, the depth at the 4 would suck regardless. I think someone like Davis or Teske has to step up no matter what.

Even if Wilson does return, the depth at the 4 would suck regardless. I think someone like Davis or Teske has to step up no matter what.

We'd be fine, barring injury, with DJ and Duncan at the 4. I'm just not getting my hopes up on the two plodders we have in Teske and Davis.

Lol yeah. Beilein says Davis is the best practice player in the world so who knows.

You can always run smaller lineups out there. Simmons, MAAR, Mathews, Robinson, Wilson. The D in the front court would be awful but the scoring would be there.

Lol yeah. Beilein says Davis is the best practice player in the world so who knows.

You can always run smaller lineups out there. Simmons, MAAR, Mathews, Robinson, Wilson. The D in the front court would be awful but the scoring would be there.

Yeah we heard the same crap about Donnal when he was redshirting. I'm not buying it until I see it for myself.

We need 6'10" athletes to play the 5 these days. That's the route basketball is going. You're right about going small and the defense being terrible. That's why we need to recruit more guys like DJ.

Back