Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Irma biggest ever Hurricane?

Latest projections have me right in its path. It has moved a lot east today. Hopefully it keeps doing that.

Just south of Saint Augustine in a little town called Marineland. The city is Palm Coast. We were suppose to get hit by Matthew last year but it stayed 13 miles off the coast.

Just south of Saint Augustine in a little town called Marineland. The city is Palm Coast. We were suppose to get hit by Matthew last year but it stayed 13 miles off the coast.

Dang .. stay safe. Are you staying home or heading out ?

Last edited:
We are heading out, we have a 1 year old and a 10 year old we have to keep safe. I went through Hurricane Charley on the Gulf Coast and we had a party. I guess priorities change with kids.

We are heading out, we have a 1 year old and a 10 year old we have to keep safe. I went through Hurricane Charley on the Gulf Coast and we had a party. I guess priorities change with kids.

Hell yeah!!! I agree with you totally. . Stay safe driving out. Take extra water with you if you can spare the room. How far north are you heading ?

Last edited:

we did the same thing solely for that reason.

being in a life and death situation (or even close to one) with little kids is too horrifying to contemplate.

Hell yeah!!! I agree with you totally. . Stay safe driving out. Take extra water with you if you can spare the room. How far north are you heading ?

We are heading to Augusta to my sister in law's. If it hits Georgia hard we will move on to my mom's in the mountains of North Carolina.

we did the same thing solely for that reason.

being in a life and death situation (or even close to one) with little kids is too horrifying to contemplate.

Yeah they definitely change things. Last year when we left our youngest was only 6 months old. At least this time Mickey entertains him pretty well.

We are heading to Augusta to my sister in law's. If it hits Georgia hard we will move on to my mom's in the mountains of North Carolina.

Goodluck getting out and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and everyone else that is trying to stay safe from these hurricanes.

Might as well add a cat 6 to the hurricane strength/size nomenclature..and maybe 7-8 by mid-century. Including animal names for the 7s, and Norse gawds for the 8s.

I remember seeing a satellite image of the '78 super winter storm that hit the Midwest, with the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded. We had rain at first, the drops were huge, and the storm looked just like a hurricane, even with an "eye".

Last edited:
I heard the next one is named Jose. We don't have to worry about that one entering the US...Trump has built a wall

IIRC, there was a Pacific cyclone last year or the year before, that packed wind speeds of ~200 mph, can''t recall if they were "sustained" though.

I have read that tropical depressions which form off the west coast of Saharan Africa, are those who move west and eventually become tropical storms, which then develop into hurricanes.Doesn't explain where cyclones are birthed, including those that hit Australia/NZ.

Anything near Daytona? My Mom has a friend there and she says she's staying..

Back