Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Four Million Young People Were Homeless Last Year

must be because of Trump and republicans

Surprisingly, likely not.

I checked a number of articles that have identified the number as being about 3.5 million quite consistently over the course of several years.

A sad situation, but there's a silver lining in everything.

Since all the data indicates that homeless are almost surely mentally ill, we can immediately put them on the national registry as being disqualified to legally acquire a firearm.

Last edited:

This is what I'm talking about. This dude absolutely belongs on the "can not obtain a fire arm ever" registry.

We should really thank and respect the mentally ill homeless for making it so easy to help address the plague of gun violence for making it as easy as it is, or should be, to put them on the "no buy ever list."

It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

Plenty of resources in America to help everyone if we didn't have Republicans and Democrats stealing from us all.. One party worst then the other . Need to rise up and get rid of both of them.

Last edited:
Plenty of resources in America to help everyonr if we didn't have Republicans and Democrats stealing from us all.. One party worst then the other . Need to rise up and get rid of both of them.

A lot of resources go to homelessness.

I live in pretty much the epicenter of homelessness - the geographic San Fernando Valley of the City of Los Angeles.

I encounter homeless people several times a day.

Any homeless person has access to aid, provided both publicly and privately, six days a week and twice on Sunday.

I cannot tell you how many aid centers I pass doing my daily routine.

Homeless people choose to be homeless.

Mental illness plays a huge part in it.

It's a grim reality.

Our local governments have recently passed laws to actually accommodate homeless who choose not to go to shelters to be legally protected to set up encampments in places such as the very sidewalks themselves, along with freeway underpasses and the generally dry river basin drainage structures, and so forth.

I haven't heard it myself, but people I know people who tell me that LAPD officers themselves have told them that there was an unofficial plan to sweep the homeless away from the downtown and out to the Valley, in order to better sell Los Angeles to the International Olympic Committee as the venue for the 2028 Olympics.

Now, more progressive place, such as China and Russia and numerous big hearted forward thinking places like themselves, for example, would deal with the homeless problem in a much more effective and efficient manner.

They would simply sweep those fuckers up, and they'd never be seen nor heard from again.

Link

“Originally, we thought that the problem with homeless services was that they were not funded enough,” he said. “We became more critical of the services once we started looking into them. It seemed the shelters dealt with addiction and mental illness almost exclusively. That’s great if that’s your problem, but alienating if it’s not. One thing nearly all homeless people do want is jobs. They don’t want treatment or even meals. But they will work, and they will push and shove to get a job.

“Overall, we found the shelters followed a medical model of homelessness, where treatment is required to access services. This puts a band-aid on just a few of the individual symptoms associated with homelessness rather than being attentive to the way society contributes to the problem. In that way, social programs sometimes can make the problem worse.”

There a lot of articles from very credible media and institutions that anyone can find on the web.

This is what I'm talking about. This dude absolutely belongs on the "can not obtain a fire arm ever" registry.

We should really thank and respect the mentally ill homeless for making it so easy to help address the plague of gun violence for making it as easy as it is, or should be, to put them on the "no buy ever list."

It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

To be frank, most your military is mentally ill but you freely give them guns.

Also which guy you talking about, the Brit with double digit IQ or the hippi with no interest in a gun?

Last edited:
Not all who are homeless are mentally ill, many are substance abusers, alcoholics, prostitutes, ex-convicts, gamblers, physically disabled, disfigured, young/older/elderly with insufficient income to afford renting,+utilities+food. Some eschew living in temp facilities, b/c of being grouped together with the dregs of society in close quarters with little privacy. Being homeless in states with cold wintry temps makes it very difficult to live on the streets year-round, but many still do it somehow. I have spoken to a few who have slept in random abandoned houses, garages, and buildings as much as possible overwinter. Some will commit petty crimes so to spend the coldest months in jail, but doing that too many times, also carries the risk of serving longer sentences as a repeat offender.

I will post that I never noticed as many homeless, as I have since the turn of the century, however the 80s here in SE MI were definitely a preview. Having been a member of the lower and middle-classes, it has been my experience that those who have the least, are far more likely to help and share what little that they have, than those who are more well off. They also are much less judgemental of misfortune or being humanly imperfect, b/c BTDT.

Last edited:
Being homeless in states with cold wintry temps makes it very difficult to live on the streets year-round, but many still do it somehow. I have spoken to a few who have slept in random abandoned houses, garages, and buildings as much as possible overwinter. Some will commit petty crimes so to spend the coldest months in jail, but doing that too many times, also carries the risk of serving longer sentences as a repeat offender.

In cold weather places, the local governments put homeless on busses to Los Angeles.

this could be the most idiotic statement I have read here in a while. Well done!

Okay, fine a large percentage of the US military is mentally ill. How about that?

You should also understand there are many forms of mental illness. Being mentally ill does not mean you cannot function as a human being. Please recall that PTSD is a form of mental disease.

https://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/ptsd-overview/basics/how-common-is-ptsd.asp

PTSD is just one form of mental illness, there are many out there. Many people with mental illness enlist in the military, others, develop it during service. You must be the most naive person if you don't believe mental illness dosen't affect a large percentage of the military personnel. Not to mention the other large percentage that goes undiagnosed.

My favourite line from the VA "You exhibit all the symptoms of PTSD, however, it is our firm belief you do not have PTSD."

Also from working in states, the veterans are the ones who tend to openly admit they have AR-15s with large stockpiles ammunition at home for "self-defense".

Is it still case in Michigan you don't need a license to own a rifle?

Coincidentally, veterans have a significantly higher rate of mental illness than civilians.

Sorry for triggering you Tom.

A lot of resources go to homelessness.

I live in pretty much the epicenter of homelessness - the geographic San Fernando Valley of the City of Los Angeles.

I encounter homeless people several times a day.

Any homeless person has access to aid, provided both publicly and privately, six days a week and twice on Sunday.

I cannot tell you how many aid centers I pass doing my daily routine.

Homeless people choose to be homeless.

Mental illness plays a huge part in it.

It's a grim reality.

Our local governments have recently passed laws to actually accommodate homeless who choose not to go to shelters to be legally protected to set up encampments in places such as the very sidewalks themselves, along with freeway underpasses and the generally dry river basin drainage structures, and so forth.

I haven't heard it myself, but people I know people who tell me that LAPD officers themselves have told them that there was an unofficial plan to sweep the homeless away from the downtown and out to the Valley, in order to better sell Los Angeles to the International Olympic Committee as the venue for the 2028 Olympics.

Now, more progressive place, such as China and Russia and numerous big hearted forward thinking places like themselves, for example, would deal with the homeless problem in a much more effective and efficient manner.

They would simply sweep those fuckers up, and they'd never be seen nor heard from again.

If I ever have food on me when I walk by a homeless person, I always offer it to them and they virtually always accept it - except in LA. Or at least in Santa Monica. I was visiting my brother a while back (to attend the Rose Bowl where uofm got pimp slapped by USC after being tied at half). I walked to a bagel place with my brother's girlfriend to get a few dozen bagels and sides for the party bus trip to the tail gate. Along the way back we encountered several homeless people and offered them bagels and every single one of them politely turned us down - even guys that were rummaging through a dumpster for breakfast. It was the weirdest thing.

Okay, fine a large percentage of the US military is mentally ill. How about that?

You should also understand there are many forms of mental illness. Being mentally ill does not mean you cannot function as a human being. Please recall that PTSD is a form of mental disease.

PTSD is just one form of mental illness, there are many out there. Many people with mental illness enlist in the military, others, develop it during service. You must be the most naive person if you don't believe mental illness dosen't affect a large percentage of the military personnel. Not to mention the other large percentage that goes undiagnosed.

My favourite line from the VA "You exhibit all the symptoms of PTSD, however, it is our firm belief you do not have PTSD."

Also from working in states, the veterans are the ones who tend to openly admit they have AR-15s with large stockpiles ammunition at home for "self-defense".

Coincidentally, veterans have a significantly higher rate of mental illness than civilians.

veterans are ex-military and there are restrictions on people with mental disorders owning firearms. There may be some mentally ill active duty soldiers with access to guns but to say they're the majority and we freely arm them or vets with PTSD is moronic. It was a very matter-of-fact statement that's not based on anything remotely factual. Making a factual statement about your baseless, hyperbolic nonsense isn't being triggered, it's just stating a fact.

Last edited:
Going off the 2014 survey from the US army approximately 25% of all US army personnel suffer from mental illness.

Are you telling me all 25% are restricted from holding firearms?

Take for example Audie Murphy the most decorated US soldier.

He suffered from PTSD greatly by the time he was discharged.

And we all know the screening for recruits is so great that nobody with a mental illness could ever get into the army, let alone, get armed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...stees-mental-disorder-study-article-1.1710644

If I ever have food on me when I walk by a homeless person, I always offer it to them and they virtually always accept it - except in LA. Or at least in Santa Monica. I was visiting my brother a while back (to attend the Rose Bowl where uofm got pimp slapped by USC after being tied at half). I walked to a bagel place with my brother's girlfriend to get a few dozen bagels and sides for the party bus trip to the tail gate. Along the way back we encountered several homeless people and offered them bagels and every single one of them politely turned us down - even guys that were rummaging through a dumpster for breakfast. It was the weirdest thing.

My wife and I were at that Rose Bowl, 2007. Now, was the brother's girlfriend the same beautiful and enchanting woman we both met when we met up with you a couple years ago in Marina Del Rey?

You didn't trigger me, you just made an idiotic statement and I called you out.

Back