Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GAME Game Thread

Losing 3 starters on Oline and 3 on Dline. Road games at ND, MSU, NWN, And OSU. Then home games vs WIS and PSU. Don't see how they finish any better next year

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Michigan is losing Kugler on the O-Line. WHere do you get that they are losing 3 starters on the O-line? Hopefully, they get back Newsome who should've been starting this year.

They're definitely losing Hurst on the D-line. Everyone else might come back. Who is the 3 on the D-Line?

I know people will say "well everyone picked Michigan to go 8-4 anyway" That may be true, but how many said this teams best win would come against a 6-6 Purdue team?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I thought they'd go 9-3. I really hoped for more, but that was realistic.

That being said, the game against UW and OSU was very competitive, especially considering the circumstances.

Michigan is losing Kugler on the O-Line. WHere do you get that they are losing 3 starters on the O-line? Hopefully, they get back Newsome who should've been starting this year.

They're definitely losing Hurst on the D-line. Everyone else might come back. Who is the 3 on the D-Line?
Cole is gone from the OL.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ok so who is the other guy on the o line

And the other 2 on the d line

Maybe Winovich leaves, maybe not

Ok so who is the other guy on the o line

And the other 2 on the d line

Maybe Winovich leaves, maybe not
No one else on the o-line. Not like any of them could bolt early for the NFL.

Mone and Hurst are the only 2 on the d-line unless Winovich leaves early.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I thought they'd go 9-3. I really hoped for more, but that was realistic.

That being said, the game against UW and OSU was very competitive, especially considering the circumstances.

The winner of the game against the two is (in all likelihood) going to go to the four team playoffs.

It's not like Michigan fans to console ourselves with our losses being against among the best teams in the country...but that's how the national prognosticators are looking at it.

On Fox NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer this weekend reported that some NFL execs have been rooting for Harbaugh to fail at Michigan just so he would come back into the NFL....

Man, when I walk around my neighborhood wearing a Michigan t-shirt - a neighborhood where everybody is from somewhere else and there really is no local NFL team - pretty much everyday some jackass tells me that he's rooting for Harbaugh to fail at Michigan, just so the NFL team that he roots for can get a shot at him.

The winner of the game against the two is (in all likelihood) going to go to the four team playoffs.

It's not like Michigan fans to console ourselves with our losses being against among the best teams in the country...but that's how the national prognosticators are looking at it.

On Fox NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer this weekend reported that some NFL execs have been rooting for Harbaugh to fail at Michigan just so he would come back into the NFL....

Man, when I walk around my neighborhood wearing a Michigan t-shirt - a neighborhood where everybody is from somewhere else and there really is no local NFL team - pretty much everyday some jackass tells me that he's rooting for Harbaugh to fail at Michigan, just so the NFL team that he roots for can get a shot at him.

Forget that that makes no sense, I guess. If he can't succeed at a college job, why would you want him to coach your team? It's just like some fans of other teams that say he's a horrible coach and then say he'll be gone to the NFL soon. Makes no sense, but they say it anyway.

Forget that that makes no sense, I guess. If he can't succeed at a college job, why would you want him to coach your team? It's just like some fans of other teams that say he's a horrible coach and then say he'll be gone to the NFL soon. Makes no sense, but they say it anyway.

He's the James Dean of coaching, I guess.

Jim was three years behind me in the Vince Lombardi Junior Football League in Ann Arbor.

His brother John was one year behind me, and graduated from Pioneer the year after I did.

Jim is home. There's no one who wants Jim to be successful in Ann Arbor at Michigan more than Jim himself.

Cole has played since a freshman

.@MasonCole52 will be making his 50th (!!!) consecutive start for Michigan on Saturday ? that ties an offensive line record at U-M! 👏

#GoBlue

so we will be losing Cole and Kugler off the O-line.

We will definitely be losing Hurst off the D-line and might lost Winovich and/or Mone.

Would like a split with walker instead of Evans but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Why do you prefer Walker over Evans? Evans just had 16 touches for 101 total yards on OSU. Evans averages 6 YPC for his two-year UM career. He averages 11.7 YPR.

Kareem Walker hasn't done anything.

Just not buying it .. Guys were open all day Saturday and our qb was not even close. Osu puts in a a redshirt freshmen and he torches this defense for 17 points . I'm tired of excuses. And guess what . We will be starting another qb next season with hardly any experience. It is frustrating to watch. I sure hope article is right but I just do not see more the better 7 or 8 wins next year sadly.

Just not buying it .. Guys were open all day Saturday and our qb was not even close. Osu puts in a a redshirt freshmen and he torches this defense for 17 points . I'm tired of excuses. And guess what . We will be starting another qb next season with hardly any experience. It is frustrating to watch. I sure hope article is right but I just do not see more the better 7 or 8 wins next year sadly.

8 wins is the floor with Harbaugh as the coach. This year they hit the floor because the Big 10 had 3 teams that are better (they lost to all 3) and they lost their rivalry game to MSU. Typically, that isn't going to happen.

Next year they have 5 games that they could lose (@ND,Wisc,@MSU,PSU,@OSU). They will probably win 2 or 3 of those games and go 9-3 or 10-2

Last edited:
Back