Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Packers @ Lions Thread

Ansah injuries is only thing that stopped him. He played well when healthy. Can injury bug get him a 3rd year. He brings pressure and stops run. Even injured Ansah is good. Can be great

Add first round de to pair with him. Zettel, Washington, hyder is good trio of backups

Also need a rushing dt too. Lions need to add two good Dline, one dt, one de and keep Ansah

Robinson disappointed a bit but was solid. He needs to be much better against run if he isn't going to rush passer

Ansah injuries is only thing that stopped him. He played well when healthy. Can injury bug get him a 3rd year. He brings pressure and stops run. Even injured Ansah is good. Can be great

Add first round de to pair with him. Zettel, Washington, hyder is good trio of backups

Also need a rushing dt too. Lions need to add two good Dline, one dt, one de and keep Ansah

Robinson disappointed a bit but was solid. He needs to be much better against run if he isn't going to rush passer

I know Ansah is good but we need him healthy. He fkn disappeared for majority of the yr and IMO it cost us.
And this team needs a stud RB. We can't and I stress, CAN'T go into 2018 with Tion Green, Abdullah, Riddick and ZZ as our backs. This team will go nowhere with that garbage...

I know Ansah is good but we need him healthy. He fkn disappeared for majority of the yr and IMO it cost us.
And this team needs a stud RB. We can't and I stress, CAN'T go into 2018 with Tion Green, Abdullah, Riddick and ZZ as our backs. This team will go nowhere with that garbage...

Damien Harris in the 2nd rd... best rb in the dradt imo.

Damien Harris in the 2nd rd... best rb in the dradt imo.

I like him too. I'm kinda on the Nick Chubb train right now and I see him slipping. A lot of "experts" don't like him as a 1st rounder.
What about Chubb's boy Sony Michel? He might even be better than Chubb. He does everything well...

Get me one of these Georgia RB's!!!

Detroit DE Ezekiel Ansah was named the NFC's defensive player of the week after his three sacks in the season finale against Green Bay. A
nsah had six sacks over the last two weeks of the season -- possibly the healthiest he had been all year. He is one of the bigger questions for the Lions this offseason, too, as he is set to become a free agent in March unless Detroit uses the franchise tag on him or signs him to an extension.
When GM Bob Quinn was asked about Ansah's future on Monday, he said while a decision on Ansah is a "critical" one this offseason, a lot might depend on the new head coach and defensive scheme he wants to run.
espn

Ansah became the first player in team history to record 3.0 sacks in back-to-back games.

Since QB Hits were first tracked in 2006, Ansah is the only Lions player to record 3 sacks and 5 QB hits in a single game.

In addition to his defensive totals, Ansah forced the Packers into an intentional grounding penalty which resulted in a 13-yard loss to the Packers own 1-yard line.

Ansah also registered 3.0 sacks earlier this year at the New York Giants (9/18/17), giving him three games in 2017 with 3 sacks. Ansah set a new team record by recording 3 sacks in 3 games during the same season, surpassing the previous record of two games set by DE Robert Porcher in 1999. He also tied Porcher for the Lions career record of four career games with 3 sacks.

Ansah’s 6.0 sacks over the last two games of the season are the second-most in a two-game span by a Lions player and trail only DE Bill Gay’s 6.5 sacks that he had over the first two games of the 1983 season (5.5 at TB 9/4/83; 1.0 vs. Cle 9/11/83).

Ansah finished the season with 12.0 sacks and reached 10 sacks for the second time in his career. In 2015, he recorded a career high 14.5 sacks. He became the fourth Lions player to record 10 sacks in multiple seasons since sacks became official in 1982.

Ansah garnered a career single-game high 5 QB hits in the finale vs. Green Bay. He became the first Lions player with 5 QB hits in a game since DT Ndamukong Suh had 5 vs. Indianapolis December 2, 2012.

With 3 Tackles for Loss, Ansah tied a career single-season high with 15 TFLs. He tied his previous best of 15 set in 2015.
Lions.com

Last edited:
Back