Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

I was hoping a point guard would be the next commitment and now we have no open slots to give to winston, right? I really hope Rahkman and/or Watson can play pg.

By the way, is it Eebee Watson eyebee? Or something else?

Still recruiting Winston. He's taking his final official visit to UM on Sep 19. Davis may be reclassifying to 2017.

Still recruiting Winston. He's taking his final official visit to UM on Sep 19. Davis may be reclassifying to 2017.

That would be huge. I'm not sure he's really needed next year with Teske coming in and still having every big on the current roster returning (unless somebody blows up and goes pro).

That would be huge. I'm not sure he's really needed next year with Teske coming in and still having every big on the current roster returning (unless somebody blows up and goes pro).

I agree. I seriously doubt any of our big men are heading to the NBA after the upcoming season.

It's really starting to be a bit alarming at how much the recruiting has fallen off since the national title and elite 8 trip. I thought it would be at an all-time high, but Beilein is missing on those top tier guys.

you guys are supposedly making a late push for xavier simpson, announcing tomorrow, nice consolation prize if you do land him. he was waiting on a MSU offer but we were waiting on Winston. good player though

69th rated player in the Composite 100, 13th PG.

Probably not the player that Winston is, but he'll do just fine.

Wait, is it possible Winston dropped us because he found out that Simpson committed?

Listening to 105.1 during the announcement, Dery seems to really known the specifics with the situation. Said that it was 100 percent that Winston dropped Michigan, and had nothing to do with Beilein.

Listening to 105.1 during the announcement, Dery seems to really known the specifics with the situation. Said that it was 100 percent that Winston dropped Michigan, and had nothing to do with Beilein.

You'd think that Beilein didn't want to wait on winston and didn't love the vibe he was getting from him, moved on and quickly. Simpson was our backup plan to Winston, either way we'll both end up with good PG's (assuming Winston doesn't pick Pitt or Stanford)

very good PG with the heart of a lion, would have walked to EL for the opportunity. I don't want us to have to play against this guy for 4 years, going to be a very good player in AA

Last edited:
Being from the area, Simpson is a pretty solid all around player, unlike his uncle that came out of the same high school some 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm reading that he COULD be used as a PG. That's definitely a need.

Back