Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Kameron Chatman will be playing in the Jordan Brand Classic game this April. Interested to see him play...if Stauskus and Robinson leave he should be a key part of the rotation.

I was looking at the videos of him earlier. He looks like he is a Michigan player. He is tall and needs to add weight but can shoot the ball well and is also a good passer. Beilein defiantly has a favorite type of player and this kid looks the part. We also have Donnal and I expect Irvin to make a big jump like Lavert did this year. I hope some of them stay but if they dont we should be OK.

Chatman looks to be a really nice fit..
Here is a quote from him..
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/11/kameron_chatman_michigan.html

I think I’m an all-around player,” Chatman said. “I really like to get my teammates into the game. I can score the ball, but I really think of that is secondary. I like to pass and then score. Then I like to rebound, too, get those offensive rebounds -- that’s easy points.”

We could sure use a guy who can rebound.. But he is only 6'7 and in the video I watched he looked small to me.... He will be great in the front or back of the 1/3/1

Last edited:
Michigan has watched Ryan Taylor and Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman in recent weeks, and will host Abdur-Rahkman for an official visit this weekend, but the Wolverines have also been checking in on New Hampton guard Aubrey Dawkins.

Dawkins is the son of Stanford head coach and former NBA player, Johnny Dawkins. The 6-foot-4 guard has a scholarship offer from Dayton and Michigan head coach John Beilein has been in to watch him workout within the last week. The shooting guard averaged 19 points per game his senior season at Palo Alto before transferring to New Hampton for a prep season where he caught Michigan’s eye.

Dawkins plans to visit Michigan and Dayton in the coming weeks, per ESPN’s Adam Finkelstein.

All guards. Coach must know something we don't.

We lost two guards... Now we need to replace them. Maybe I'm just pointing out something obvious here, but that's what it looks like.

Maybe this will help:

Nick Baumgardner ‏@nickbaumgardner 3h
Jeff Meyer says the staff is far more prepared for this stuff know. 'We know we'll have Caris (in this situation) next year. We know that.'

We lost two guards... Now we need to replace them. Maybe I'm just pointing out something obvious here, but that's what it looks like.

we lost one guard and the guy who has played the 4 for two years. We also lost our number 2 center and possibly mcgary. I know we need guards, but i think we need at least one more big man. None of the incoming guys are ready to play the 5 next year as a starter.

Very cool. Essentially a 5 star, and a 4 star. Nice recruiting class, should be able to supplement in case McGary leaves.

Holy crap that would be ridiculous if Michigan landed him.

He's an Indy native and is transferring to be closer to home. Hopefully four hours away is close enough and hopefully he thinks Tom Crean is a total douche.

http://www.indystar.com/story/recru...transfer-eron-harris-granted-release/8806895/

Sounds like fit is more of a concern than distance from home. Quote from Eron's father:

"The fit is more important than the location (of the school)," Harris said. "Eron is used to seeing his brothers and family more than he has the past couple years. But if he has to go to New York or California to find the right fit, then that's what he'll do."

Last edited:
He did not sound too pumped up about Purdue. This would be such a huge get.

And if he does choose to go to MSU it will be because the school is better, the chicks are hotter and it's just a far, far better place in general, despite what you might know to be true that contradicts that.

Back