Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

One bad game

wheels002

Will not change my opinion of this team. I am still very proud of them. They won the B10 by 3 games when no one thought they could. They made the B10 title game for the first time in over a decade. We got beat by a team that played better today. I am disapointed sure but in the big picture we are fine and will be a high seed in the NCAA.

Exactly. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't put much stock into winning conference tournaments. Especially after you already won the conference. I view conference tourneys as auto bids for small conferences and a chance for bubble teams to make the tourney.

Yup, it was a very bad game though. :( They probably couldn't shoot that badly again if they tried.

I looked it up earlier the B10 tourney champion only made the final 4 a total of 4 times in 15 years. And only once won it all. Of the 4 2 of them were 99 and 00 with Sparty when they won it all. So in the last 12 years only 2 times has the B10 tourney champ made the final 4.

Conference tournaments are a chance for a team that played like shit all year to win 3 or 4 games and take a spot from someone more deserving

It's a shame, because some treat it like it's more important than the season

Just had a guy the other day tell me this

Very poorly played game by UM today. Having said that the most important thing was NO INJURIES. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, and its clear that MSU is a better team with their bigs. Morgan and Horford just aren't a threat whatsoever. Would be nice to see a McGary appearance in the NCAA tourney!

I think the loss today really shows that UofM needs to get better on the boards, obviously McGary would help alot in that regard but we need 1 other rebounding big.

shane morris tweet was along the lines

we are big ten champs
msu big ten tournament champs

I think the loss today really shows that UofM needs to get better on the boards, obviously McGary would help alot in that regard but we need 1 other rebounding big.

I agree about the boards. But the key to Michigan winning comes down to GR3. We as Michigan fans talk about this so often and we just WAIT and Wait... He shows flashes of being a force and getting to the basket. Then the next game he goes back to long jumpers. When is this kid gonna realize how much talent he has, and realize how big and strong he is? GET TO THE BASKET!! As for LeVert, I think he will be fine. He was off his game (as was everyone else) but he like Robinson needs to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! These 2 are gonna determine if Michigan makes a run!

GRIII disappears and needs to stay another year

levert is getting a bit more aggressve

we do have to find ways to get to basket and not rely on the threes

mcgary as a big guy would really help

Will not change my opinion of this team. I am still very proud of them. They won the B10 by 3 games when no one thought they could. They made the B10 title game for the first time in over a decade. We got beat by a team that played better today. I am disapointed sure but in the big picture we are fine and will be a high seed in the NCAA.

Yep, many great accomplishments this season so far. They were just shooting poorly today. Not just the threes, but in general a bad shooting day for them. On to the big dance. GO BLUE!

Of course the regular season titke was more important. The btt had extra significance for msu bc of the injuries, it was our chance to show that if healthy, we're the best team in the big ten.

Yep, many great accomplishments this season so far. They were just shooting poorly today. Not just the threes, but in general a bad shooting day for them. On to the big dance. GO BLUE!

I know you focus on your shooting but we were terrible. We shoot the 3 as well as anyone and we we something like 2 of 17

Conference tournaments are a chance for a team that played like shit all year to win 3 or 4 games and take a spot from someone more deserving

It's a shame, because some treat it like it's more important than the season

Just had a guy the other day tell me this

Sucks even more for the 1 bid conferences. Seeing teams go 16-0 in their conference and get upset in their tourney is shitty.

Conference tournaments aren't necessarily fair (though with all the supersized conferences and unbalanced schedules now they make a little more sense), but they sure are a lot of fun. The perfect appetizer for next week's main course.

6-23 from 3 today vs. 12-23 yesterday. They shoot like that on Saturday and they would have had the day off today. That is why this team will be so hard to predict in the NCAA tournament.

I agree about the boards. But the key to Michigan winning comes down to GR3. We as Michigan fans talk about this so often and we just WAIT and Wait... He shows flashes of being a force and getting to the basket. Then the next game he goes back to long jumpers. When is this kid gonna realize how much talent he has, and realize how big and strong he is? GET TO THE BASKET!! As for LeVert, I think he will be fine. He was off his game (as was everyone else) but he like Robinson needs to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! These 2 are gonna determine if Michigan makes a run!

I don't think GR3 is big and strong. He just looks it. He relies completely on talent and potential and not hard work. You see how hard Levert and Stauskus worked in the offseason. Levert gained like 25 pounds of muscle, Stauskus +15. Robinson looks exactly the same as last season. Dawson makes him look skinny as hell. I know Dawson is a year older, but come on. Get in the weightroom and gain 20 pounds. He has absolutely no drive and no fire.

Back