Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

One bad game

Very poorly played game by UM today. Having said that the most important thing was NO INJURIES. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, and its clear that MSU is a better team with their bigs. Morgan and Horford just aren't a threat whatsoever. Would be nice to see a McGary appearance in the NCAA tourney!

Nah

The last game MIchigan played MSU in AA, MSU turned the ball over like 20 times. Did they even have a turnover yesterday? I know they did, but it was a lot less. In both games, it seemed like MSU missed a ton of free throws. I don't remember that being the case yesterday. Michigan had 9 turnovers, which MSU scored 18 points off of. Free throws and turnovers are not affected by injuries.

Of course the regular season titke was more important. The btt had extra significance for msu bc of the injuries, it was our chance to show that if healthy, we're the best team in the big ten.

Nope, Michigan played a bad game and MSU didn't. One game doesn't prove that you're the best.

Sucks even more for the 1 bid conferences. Seeing teams go 16-0 in their conference and get upset in their tourney is shitty.

Yep, the autobid should go to the team that proved it over 16 or 18 games, not how they did in a 3/4 day tournament at the end of the season.

Unfortunately, if Michigan has to rely on GRIII they are in trouble. And other teams know it. The way to beat Michigan is clamp down on Nik and force them to rely on GRIII, most times he will not step up. How many midrange jump shots did GRIII miss yesterday? Too damn many. The thing that has been troubling me lately is if Nik does leave after this season (likely?), then who will step up to take his place? LeVert maybe? I don't know. I shudder at the thought of having to rely on GRIII to step up into the role.

Unfortunately, if Michigan has to rely on GRIII they are in trouble. And other teams know it. The way to beat Michigan is clamp down on Nik and force them to rely on GRIII, most times he will not step up. How many midrange jump shots did GRIII miss yesterday? Too damn many. The thing that has been troubling me lately is if Nik does leave after this season (likely?), then who will step up to take his place? LeVert maybe? I don't know. I shudder at the thought of having to rely on GRIII to step up into the role.

Levert might be the go to guy next year, but I think Irvin will have a much larger role. The kid has shown flashes of being a great scorer, so hopefully he improves his overall game for his sophomore season.

Levert might be the go to guy next year, but I think Irvin will have a much larger role. The kid has shown flashes of being a great scorer, so hopefully he improves his overall game for his sophomore season.

Yeah, I hadn't considered Irvin. And maybe Mitch will come back next year. I think he should.

Yup..
GR3 needs to stay another year too...

Last edited:
Irvin is Stauskus last year

If he puts in the work in the off-season, he could be like Stauskus this year.

Now if we could just have him and G3 have an off-season of hardwork

Walton should see some improvement, too

Back