Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers Game Thread August 2

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
I didn't realize you were doing one here. Outstanding I'll delete mine.

Welcome KC! Glad to have a game thread here, lets hope for a good game and a tigers victory.

This offense scares me but we've done good against Texas this season. And Cabby has been a killer against them.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I didn't realize you were doing one here. Outstanding I'll delete mine.

Oh Mitch, when I was pasting this, I looked first to see if anyone did one.
I don't want to step on yours or anyones toes here.
In one of your earlier posts to me when I joined, you asked me if I would.
I wasn't sure if you or anyone was doing it.

I wasn't sure if you would though hoping and they were creating about the same time. You're just a faster typer :) . Anytime you want KC, anytime.

Max needs another strong outing. This is the wrong team to not bring your A game to.

Carlos has changed this lineup, we need him healthy the rest of this year if we want to be real contenders with the Texas' of the league. I think he has another big game tonight.

Agreed, guillen has been great. Loved the weaver stare down.

The stare down and bat flip was cool. In the situation it was with Weaver flapping his gums all game.

Guillen looked like he was just waiting for weaver to come after him, proud of carlos for sticking up for his teammates, thats what I love to see as a fan. Hopefully these guys are fired up like the rest of us are and take it to the field starting tonight, big big series.

Boesch .250 OBP in the two hole. I like him batting 3. With him a young guy I think he benefits so much in front of Cabby. Let Maggs bat 2 nd.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Boesch .250 OBP in the two hole. I like him batting 3. With him a young guy I think he benefits so much in front of Cabby. Let Maggs bat 2 nd.

Same here Mitch. Id rather have Maggs or Carlos at #2, Boesch #3. Now that Maggs is hitting a little bit I dont see Leyland moving him, though.

mr23frahee said:
Welcome KC! Glad to have a game thread here, lets hope for a good game and a tigers victory.

Hi Mr23Frahee.

Boesch's numbers are better in the 3 spot, but for lack of good obp despite Boesch's in the 2, and thump, he is there.

Whether it is due to the players that initially and still struggled in the top 3 spots, or Leyland dumb loyalty and not mixing it up more on top the first 40/50 plus games, Cabrera is only on pace for only 102 rbi.
Even with these guys playing better offensively since April/May, when compared to last year, it's a drop off for him and Tigers runs scored.

This team is lacking a prototypical leadoff hitter, certainly hurting cabrera's numbers and more importantly our offensive numbers in general. Imagine how nasty this lineup would be with a high-obp / major speed threat atop it?

Ialso see Cabby with quiet good year if that makes sense. July, most of it, was less than stellar. Didn't seen like he was hitting the ball as well. HR here and there but those gappers for RBI doubles were missing.

Back