Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers Game Thread August 2

Welcome KC... always loved reading your posts on the Tigers forum.. I usually just stick to posting on the Lions/Michigan/Red Wings boards though.

mr23frahee said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Kenny lofton?

I say call rickey henderson first..

that's just too easy. lol

Tony Phillips was great. I remember watching him when I was a kid. I tried to copy his stance and swing, but I realized that I was a power hitter, not a leadoff guy.

MalFunkShun said:
Welcome KC... always loved reading your posts on the Tigers forum.. I usually just stick to posting on the Lions/Michigan/Red Wings boards though.

Thankyou MalFunkShun, I do recognize your screen name.
I hope this board works out for everyone, whether I post alot or not.
As said previously, it is what an old fart likes, neat, clean, without flashing ads and pop ups.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
mr23frahee said:
I say call rickey henderson first..

that's just too easy. lol

Tony Phillips was great. I remember watching him when I was a kid. I tried to copy his stance and swing, but I realized that I was a power hitter, not a leadoff guy.

Haha opposite of me, Monster. As a kid I copied Griffey Jr, but then realized I was a leadoff hitter.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
MalFunkShun said:

As said previously, it is what an old fart likes, neat, clean, without flashing ads and pop ups.

Youre not alone, KC. Some of us young farts prefer the same.

When I was a kid in the 70's I was a light hitting, superb 2B. I was the man in the field.

mr23frahee said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

Youre not alone, KC. Some of us young farts prefer the same.

and your post reminds me of a little story back in 1969. A friend of mine was getting married, and the affair was at the Ritz in boston. All of us stayed there overnight and we were eating and drinking up a storm.
So we are passing some wind, and naturally laughing at everything. Time to go to the room and sleep it off. An old couple, probably at my current age , are on the elevator. All of a sudden my friend Stevie rips one, and the old lady turns her head in disgust. The husband says, "young man did you just fart before my wife"? and he said, "Oh, I didn't know it was her turn".

LOL What'd he say back? I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing.

Looking at a 10-minute delay or so. Around 7:15 for first pitch.

Looks like a decent amount of green on the radar heading towards detroit, lets hope we get this one played this evening

well guys, I'm probably out of here in a few minutes. Got to feed my face and my son. I'll be back tonight hopefully to add a few more things to the board. Devito gave me an idea to include an entertainment section (music, movies, books, etc.)

I'm surprised it hasn't rained already. Kept on putting the deck cushions inside all day expecting rain that never came.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]well guys, I'm probably out of here in a few minutes. Got to feed my face and my son. I'll be back tonight hopefully to add a few more things to the board. Devito gave me an idea to include an entertainment section (music, movies, books, etc.)

I just want sports :) .

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Those were good relief pitchers Texas traded for.

I made a post about that earlier today. DD should have gone hard for either of those setup pitchers. Uehara doesn't have hard stuff but has alot of movement as we have seen earlier this season. Lots of swing and miss pitches. Adams I don't know as much about, but seems he is having a career year like Benoit did last year.
With Al Al lights out when healthy, it would have been great to add another reliever. Besides him, Benoit, and Valverde, the bullpen is trick or treat, and only the twins have a worse bullpen ERA.
The team is solid overall to win the Central, but despite a good top 3 starters if they get in playoffs, when you get to there, the bullpen could be exposed in the middle.

I read somewhere that Mike Adams has the best ERA of any relief pitcher over the last 3 seasons, he is a stud

Back