Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

List of asshole names

Many of the people that I knew or dealt with that were in management for several businesses, who used only the first initial of their first name along with their full middle and surname on correspondence and memos tended to be narcisstic assholes.

Then there are those whose occupations are perfectly befiiting for their names, such as:

http://www.wellness.com/dir/2471590/obgyn/va/fairfax/harry-beaver-md

like G. Gordon Liddy. huge asshole & total nutjob.

Another example that strongly supports the rule:

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

forgot about maybe the Biggest asshole in American history:

J. Edgar Hoover.

Okay... I guess it says something about you when you don't just accept the name your parents gave you.

"Oh, John?"

"Who? My name is Edgar now."

"But I've called you John for 20 years."

L. Ron Hubbard, Church of Scientology founder and author of Dianetics, and who wrote the book that inspired that gawd-awful movie Battlefield Earth.

not Chet Lemon though

It used to bug me how George Kell insisted on calling Chet Lemon, "Chester" all the time ...

We have a Doug at the firm who insists on being called "Douglas" and corrects people at first meeting. We pretty much think he's gay and an openly gay dude at the office agrees. Says insisting on being "Douglas" is evidence to that point.

and lol at the LAX list - Colton McCaffrey is Ed McCaffrey's son..

We also have a "Wyck" at the office ...WICK. Makes me think of the Seinfeld estate atty who handles George's wife's estate

Sort of like the list of 'white trash names' from Ted (Seth MacFarland movie).

Makes me laugh every time ...

maybe it's just my grounded, middleclass midwestern upbringing, but anything that deviates from the standard "reasonably normal first name + middle name or initial + last name" convention seems ridiculous.

from the wiki entry on middle names:
The British upper classes are traditionally fond of giving multiple middle names, deriving[citation needed] from the German aristocracy's predilection for this, for the obvious reason that the British Royal Family is now of German origin: for example, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (William Arthur Philip Louis), Prince Harry (Henry Charles Albert David), The Princess Royal (Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise), and The Prince of Wales (Charles Philip Arthur George; flubbed by Diana during their wedding as ?Philip Charles Arthur George?). In even more extreme examples, British musician Brian Eno's full name is Brian Peter George St Jean le Baptiste de la Salle Eno; Canadian actors Donald Sutherland and Shirley Douglas named their son Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland.

Crystal, Ruby, Skyler, Cletus, Darryl, Chastity, Rhett, Dale...

there's a white trash name generator.

Larry, Darryl, and my other brother Darryl...

th

oddly enough, a lot of these white trash names are Welsh, or Cornish originally, as immigrants from those areas were often miners in their home country, and ended up doing the same thing in Appalachia.

I laugh at Noel because my wife has a friend by that name who I am not entirely fond of and I think it's funny when TED names her as WT ...

I laugh at Noel because my wife has a friend by that name who I am not entirely fond of and I think it's funny when TED names her as WT ...

among female Russian/Ukrainian immigrants to the US, it seems like there are only about 5-6 possible names they can have. Wife has 3 friends/acquaintances named Natasha, 3 Tania's, 2 Ina's, and 2 Olgas. it's hard to keep them straight in my head, and she's often on the outs with a couple of them, so I have to be careful how I respond as I half-listen to her stories about the dumb things they all do.

"Oh, you mean that Ina. I was thinking of the other one. No, I am listening. Yes. Sorry."

Back