Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

powdered alcohol

Michchamp

Not sure if the niche market the manufacturer cites for this is going to make selling it coast-to-coast worthwhile:
Phillips had said he came up with the idea for Palcohol because he wanted a way to enjoy alcoholic drinks after hiking or other activities without having to lug around heavy bottles.
if you're going somewhere remote enough that you can't get bottles of liquid there via motorized vehicle (or at least in a cooler) you probably shouldn't be drinking hard liquor there, unless you want to wind up in a news story on the internet.

...but maybe there are a lot of mountain climbers who could (and would) safely kick back with a bunch of margaritas, mid-mountain climb.

FWIW, I will probably buy a packet or two just to try it, and I'm guessing a lot of people would.

If someone really needs to imbibe alcohol badly enough that he or she needs to carry a powdered version with them when in situations that carrying the liquid form is impractical...well...then that person quite likely has issues with booze & shouldn't be drinking anyway.

So what if obtaining potable water to mix with the freeze-dried alcohol is unavailable? Can they snort it as well or instead?

How dry I am!!...hic?

If someone really needs to imbibe alcohol badly enough that he or she needs to carry a powdered version with them when in situations that carrying the liquid form is impractical...well...then that person quite likely has issues with booze & shouldn't be drinking anyway.

So what if obtaining potable water to mix with the freeze-dried alcohol is unavailable? Can they snort it as well or instead?

How dry I am!!...hic?

Hiking or mountain climbing and problem drinking go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Back