Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Germanwings pilot intentionally crashed that plane

Michchamp

150 people obliterated. insane.

reminds me why I never fly discount airlines. If I couldn't afford to fly a normal airline, I just wouldn't go somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful stuff.

Something like this has happened from time to time.

Not with a U.S. carrier that I'm aware of, however...

Fun story:

when we flew to Ukraine last year, we flew LOT (the Polish national airline). Never again. They flew the Dreamliner on the transatlantic flight, which was fine, but the service was awful.

due to delays out of O'Hare, I missed my connecting flight from Warsaw to Kyiv and had to be routed to Vienna, then to Kyiv on a Ukrainian International Airlines flight... I was telling myself "Okay, so this is how you're going to die" as I boarded. they flew an old 737, and the pilot taxiied the thing like a 16 year old driving a Mustang... he fishtailed around a couple turns because he was going to fast.

Never again.

at least I notice neither of those is on your list.

Malaysia Airlines still is, even though they "lost" a plane somewhere over the Indian Ocean (or god know's where) and had another blasted down over Eastern Ukraine by keeping the flight path over a known war zone to save fuel.

Most suicides are performed alone, but this psycho wasn't about to go out with just a whimper. He apparently decided to make it into an infamous mass-murder/massacre as well, so that his death wouldn't be so easily or quickly forgotten. He might have been able to crash the jet into a densely populated area instead, but thats little if any consolation to those who knew or were related to his victims.

Last edited:
Most suicides are performed alone, but this psycho wasn't about to go out with just a whimper. He apparently decided to make it into an infamous mass-murder/massacre as well, so that his death wouldn't be so easily or quickly forgotten. He might have been able to crash the jet into a densely populated area instead, but thats little if any consolation to those who knew or were related to his victims.

This is the second time I've heard of this. An Egypt Air pilot (I think it was) plunged one of their airliners into the Atlantic. I suppose you could say the same thing in that case.

sigh...

Is there another planet I could go live on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was JetBlue in that Florida swamp incident, but bing reveals it was ValuJet.

I still won't fly on any of them. Quit trying to get me killed.

Jetblue is my preferred airline, and not just because they fly a ton of places from Boston. 9th in the world is pretty good for a "budget" airline.

I love JetBlue, but they honestly should not be considered a discount airline anymore. Once they replaced their founder, the new CEO jacked up prices to where they "now can compete". Still they generally have above average safety and customer service, so they are still better than the big dogs. Flew American last year to avoid connecting flight. They were ok, but still not JetBlue...but then again I remember in the beginning of JetBlue having Flight Attendants who honestly liked their work, joking around on the intercom and just having fun. New CEO put an end to that, or the training has not instilled it....something. Its still my preference, but memories leave me wanting more.

Back