Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My Dr.'s Office Closed Today/Cultural Culinary Dilemma

TI thought that Catholics were not allowed to work or use any type of machinery or technology-not even ride in a car-on Good Friday.

So for a day Catholics have to behave like Jews on holidays and Shabbos? I didn't know that..learning all kinds of interesting things in this thread.

Hey has any of you guys ever eaten rabbit or rabbit stew for Easter?

That would be pretty cool.

I am looking online and it appears that rabbit meat is not all that hard to find in specialty stores.

Although it might be kind of fun for one to do it in one's self from scratch.

Here are instructions on how to go about that.

I don't breed rabbits for culinary purposes but I suppose I could get one at any pet store.

Last edited:
period-misconception-10.gif

So I call my Dr.'s office to get an Rx refilled and I hear the message "the office is closed for the holiday..." I'm like "What? Passover begins next Friday, I thought, and next Friday is good Friday too..." check the calendar, and yep...that's the case...

Anyway, there's an answering service for emergencies - I don't know if an Rx is an emergency; it might be...anyway, I get someone on the line and I ask "what holiday is it?"

"Cesar Chavez Day."

Cesar Chavez Day?

Really?

Cesar Chavez Day?

Really?

Cesar Freakin' Chavez Day?

Don't get me wrong - nobody appreciates what Cesar Chavez accomplished more than I do.

He was one of the greatest fighters of all time, pound for pound; the stunning and controversial final moments of the Meldrick Taylor fight were among the exciting moments in boxing history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOm5tWT2V4

But to shut down a medical facility for that?

Really?

That KO call was a crock. Meldrick Taylor won that fight. Pernell Whitaker also beat Chavez. That decision was a complete travesty. I didn't know about his day either. Next year I'm gonna work overtime in protest of the outcome of those fights.

Last edited:
If Thumb gets a day then Mitch gets day. Thank you..

Thumb and michturd have their own Olympics - which I think is terrific, perhaps the only good thing a Kennedy has ever done. They don't need a day too.

Last edited:
Age could play a role..60 and above are automatically excused from the requirement to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Also if health is a concern, or some medical reason you need to eat meat (I don't what that would be) can be excused as well.

Children (I believe either pre-1st communion or pre-confirmation) as well as pregnant women are exempt from both fasting and abstaining.

Last edited:
Children (I believe either pre-1st communion or pre-confirmation) as well as pregnant women are exempt from both fasting and abstaining.

wow, that's so wise of the church to make practical decisions like that.

wow, that's so wise of the church to make practical decisions like that.

you just can't help yourself can you? you have to troll and try to bait me even when I'm just answering a question w/ simple facts. If only you put as much effort into training for your olympics as you do obsessing over me, you could be a real champion! You are one pathetic loser.

Last edited:
you just can't help yourself can you? you have to troll and try to bait me even when I'm just answering a question w/ simple facts. If only you put as much effort into training for your olympics as you do obsessing over me, you could be a real champion! You are one pathetic loser.

you need to take a chill pill, dude.

you need to take a chill pill, dude.

For simply pointing out how funny it is that you're so obsessed with me, I need to take a "chill pill"? If you think that your nonsense upsets me or that I'm responding in anger, you're greatly overestimating your own importance. I actually get a kick out of the fact that you can't go 2 days without calling me out by name and trolling every time I post something. You're like a chubbier (possibly) male version of Janeane Garafolo, only dumber - didn't think that was possible, but that's the one thing you've proved me wrong about.

Last edited:
For simply pointing out how funny it is that you're so obsessed with me, I need to take a "chill pill"? If you think that your nonsense upsets me or that I'm responding in anger, you're greatly overestimating your own importance. I actually get a kick out of the fact that you can't go 2 days without calling me out by name and trolling every time I post something. You're like a chubbier (possibly) male version of Janeane Garafolo, only dumber - didn't think that was possible, but that's the one thing you've proved me wrong about.

sticks and stones...

Hahaha. You start posting in the this thread with this:

this post will be sure to help your Republican Outreach plan on the board. I'm sure tLiar, spartanracist and zyxt all wonder why Cesar Chavez would get his own day as well.

Then I call you out for trolling and laugh at your meaningless name calling and you respond w/ this gem...

sticks and stones...

like you're taking the high road. Awesome.

Last edited:
i wasn't complaining about the name calling, just saying you need to take a chill pill in response to your rant about my comment about the church.

i wasn't complaining about the name calling, just saying you need to take a chill pill in response to your rant about my comment about the church.

That wasn't a rant - it was an observation.

Last edited:
i thought KAWDUP said he has.

I cannot tell a lie - I have tried it. I am both Polish and Catholic, and though my parents never made it, I had grandparents that came from the old country that made it. I think they actually got it from someone who imports it. I remember going to specific neighborhood to get it - it wasn't like you could get it at Kowalski's.

Tastes just like chicken. :*)

Back