Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Travel into the Past or Future

zyxt9

If you could take a one-way trip into either the past or future, which would you choose of these spans?

10 years
100 years
1000 years
10000 years

It seems like the 10 year mark would be reasonable for going to the past, but each successive timeframe makes the future more appealing to me.

Sure it is a gamble, not knowing if computers or aliens or even humans themselves have enslaved or killed off all of mankind...not to mention your intelligence would be basically cave-man like to everything else the greater amount of time involved. Whereas going that amount into the past means your intelligence is greater...but you are living amongst a bunch of relative idiots. You could try to teach people, but you run the risk of being killed based on religious or other reasons because you would know too much and do too many weird things compared to everyone else, not to mention talk "funny".

10 years into the future would be ideal for me. My son will be 18 and I'd be excited to see what kind of young man he's turned into. And besides, I think 100 years would make it hard for me to get around and understand the world. Think of the technology that is available today that wasn't available in 1915. I don't think a person from that era would adjust too quickly to the present.

That said, if I had unlimited chances to move through time, I'd love to progress 10 years at a time and watch mankind's progress. That wasn't the question, though, so I'll go with 10 years into the future.

Ten Years into the past plz.

This way I can bet on the Super Bowl teams year after year, because I already know who wins.

Be the richest man on earth in ten years. Then I can make a time machine and do whatever I want.

This way I can bet on the Super Bowl teams year after year, because I already know who wins.

Be the richest man on earth in ten years. Then I can make a time machine and do whatever I want.

Sell the house, cars, everything you own and cash out on all investments. Put everything on the giants over the undefeated pats. Your great grandchildren will never have to work a day in their lives.

Lol. Great answer!

I can even buy the Lions, and then knowing the draft results ahead of time, stack the team.

I can even buy the Lions, and then knowing the draft results ahead of time, stack the team.

I would short the shit out of the stock market beginning in Sept 2008 and buy in March 2009 ....

10yrs ago only gets you to 2005, so perfect

10,000 years to the Future. (Can I take My family)

I already have a laundry list of body parts that need fixing and I am sure they have the nano bot that they can put in my body to start the repairs ASAP and these bots will also make me more like the people of the future. Super Smart!!!!!
Then I will get to travel the near galaxy..It will be a blast...

Last edited:
45 years into the past for me, but only if my age was also reduced to what it was in '70 (13). Would love to relive the golden age of R&R plus all of the babes that I laid (mostly 1 night stands) during the 70s-80s....ohh yeah!!

Last edited:
10,000 years to the Future. (Can I take My family)

I already have a laundry list of body parts that need fixing and I am sure they have the nano bot that they can put in my body to start the repairs ASAP and these bots will also make me more like the people of the future. Super Smart!!!!!
Then I will get to travel the near galaxy..It will be a blast...

I need fixing too. That sounds like a good plan.

As an alternative I'd like to go back to 1995 ad tell myself to stay away from Colleen.

What happens if you 10,000 years into the future and the world is destroyed lol.

You just float for a few seconds in open space and die a horrible death...ouch

What happens if you 10,000 years into the future and the world is destroyed lol.

You just float for a few seconds in open space and die a horrible death...ouch

It's a permanent thing? I figure once you go spend time in the past or future, have a look around, right some wrongs and you get to go back?

One way trip Mitch. ;)

As for betting all on past events, it really depends on whether or not everything happens exactly the same way. There are many theories that once you enter the past, the timeline changes. You might bet the farm only to end up flat broke because the game or stock market ends with a different result.

I would go a trillion billion years into the past.

I would walk up to a dinosaur and be all "...uh...wassup brah?"

Or I would go a trillion billion years into the future.

I would go up to some futuristic dinosaur type creature and be all "uh...wassup brah?"

If you could take a one-way trip into either the past or future, which would you choose of these spans?

10 years
100 years
1000 years
10000 years

See if one were able to transgress the time place continue? Why would one be limited to these very few limited choices? And why would one be narrowed to only one choice?
This is why and television shows and movies that depict time travel, like "Quantum Leap" or "The Time Tunnel" or "Teen Wolf" with Michael J Fox or "How I Met Your Mother" they jump all around forward and back, and backward and forward? Oh right "The Godfather II" was like that; it go back and forth and forth and back?

One time time jumps are stagnant and boring and stupid. That's why they don't make movies about that shit.

This is a stupid thread.

Check that; maybe Michael J Fox didn't travel through time in "Team Wolf."

But he did turn into a werewolf when the full moon came out.

And he dunked at like 5 foot six; that shit is crazy.

That's like that fucking movie "Ted;" some pretty unbelievable shit right there too.

Did you guys ever stop to think that it's a little bit difficult to differentiate Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone and Boris Karloff as the Frankenstein monster?

If I didn't have any family to worry about leaving behind, I'd have to choose between 1,000 or 10,000 years ahead. Forget getting rich in the past. An average American today enjoys luxuries nobody nobody had in the past. My access to air conditioning, amazing food all the time with little to no impact from seasons, Netflix and the Big Ten network, and the freakin' internet make my life far more comfortable than Andrew Carnegie, Cornelius Vanderbilt, or John D. Rockefeller ever was. Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, and Cleopatra too. 10 or 100 years into the future would be a nice way to ease into things if you were allowed to do multiple jumps, but with just 1 jump, I think I'd be sitting there, 100 years in the future wishing I could keep goings. All bets are off 1,000 or 10,000 years in the future. If humanity has abandoned Earth, do you also get to jump to wherever they are at that time?

Why is the stretch of not getting any more traction? It's like the most awesomeness thread ever…

Back