Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Just realized Kickoff is 8:30 PM on a Thursday

Michchamp

... on Fox Sports1. That's basically as far removed from "Noon, Eastern Time, Saturday" as you can get. Bo would not be pleased.

This complicates game-watching. At least I caught it early enough.

things get back to normal next week, Oregon State is on ABC, noon, Saturday.

Pretty sure it's 8:30 EST on Thursday?

Are you on the left coast?

Last edited:
I would find it confusing if he was referring to week one in PST and week two in EDT. And yes, week one is at 8:30 PM EDT.

Pretty sure it's 8:30 EST on Thursday?

Are you on the left coast?

Derr. yes, I went the wrong way with the hour... it's 6:30 MOUNTAIN time, meaning it's 7:30 central time, 8:30 EST. I screwed up. 5:30 CA time for Tinsel.

And the thread title will linger until a mod has mercy on us and corrects it.

Though for what it's worth, kickoff from 5:30 - 8:30 PM on a Thursday still sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derr. yes, I went the wrong way with the hour... it's 6:30 MOUNTAIN time, meaning it's 7:30 central time, 8:30 EST. I screwed up. 5:30 CA time for Tinsel.

And the thread title will linger until a mod has mercy on us and corrects it.

Though for what it's worth, kickoff from 5:30 - 8:30 PM on a Thursday still sucks.

Not really.

It's at 5:30 somewhere.

Oh...you added your last thing it looks like a split second before I clicked.

I actually don't mind it all that much. Get through my work day, workout, and then settle in.

I get really bored waiting on Saturday if Michigan plays later in the day or at night. Watch gameday, get all pumped up, then try and stomach some ACC game at noon, and kill the time until Michigan plays.

Only good thing is that leaves Sat open for every other game

A lot of whining and consternation over on MGoBrian about the game being on FoxSports1 ...sort of Fox's ESPN2

Eh, that's where it belongs sadly. The TCU at Minnesota game has a ton more intrigue, and there's a 6 PM game against a couple of Carolina teams, one of which is from the SEC.

Plus, pretty sure the Pac 10 has a deal with Fox Sports? Always see Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, UCLA, etc... on that network.

FS1 is great ...a lot of good analysts and not the Schtick like ESPN and yep, PAC-12 contract

It's West Coast based and the broadcasts themselves good quality. Wouldn't be surprised if Petros Papadakis does color for the game.

Thursday night kickoff is odd, but I am glad it's a bit of a shorter wait and it gave me a solid excuse to take Friday off and have an extended Labor Day weekend.

FS1 is great ...a lot of good analysts and not the Schtick like ESPN and yep, PAC-12 contract

It's West Coast based and the broadcasts themselves good quality. Wouldn't be surprised if Petros Papadakis does color for the game.

thumbs-up.jpg

That would be cool.

He brings up from time to time visits he has made to Detroit and southeastern Michigan. I think he has family there.

Yeah, he has some ties to M from what he's said on the show over the years. And M gets a lot of respect from the SC base, for the most part.

If he's doing pregame it will be heavily scripted and unopinionated.

Apparently Cowherd will be doing pre-game for Fox Sports 1. Vomit.

ugh, that SUCKS. honestly, I'd rather have the pre-game show consist of an hour of spartanhack, johnny, and sbee alternatively bashing us and bitching at eachother.

Back