Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All-Time MICHIGAN Player Name

96-97 had some of the best names for a defense. They were destined for greatness at birth.

Irons, Sword, Steele, Gold...

Mike and Mark Hammerstein...great names for linemen.

Tshimanga Biakabutuka has to be on the list.

such an epic name... just hearing it makes me imagine him vaulting Buckeye tacklers en route to gaining big yards.

I was disappointed in a couple guys over the years who had great names, but who didn't pan out, like Mister Simpson.

another guy who I wish scored more often was TE Bill Seymour... whenever they'd call his name, I'd say to my friends "Seymour Butts?"

Hopefully Jake Butt has a son named Seymour some day. It still works, even without the plural.

from the current team, I'd put forward Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton, then Freddy Canteen, Deyanco Hardwick, Blake Bars, and Francois Montbrun. The last guy sounds like he belongs in a 19th century French novel.

Bo Dever would be on there too if he was still on the team. he was named for THE Bo, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
from the current team, I'd put forward Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton, then Freddy Canteen, Deyanco Hardwick, Blake Bars, and Francois Montbrun. The last guy sounds like he belongs in a 19th century French novel.

Bo Dever would be on there too if he was still on the team. he was named for THE Bo, so...

Francois Montbrun sounds like he could be a villain in the Three Musketeers.

No Horace Prettyman?
HORACE.png

Last edited:
such an epic name... just hearing it makes me imagine him vaulting Buckeye tacklers en route to gaining big yards.

I was disappointed in a couple guys over the years who had great names, but who didn't pan out, like Mister Simpson.

another guy who I wish scored more often was TE Bill Seymour... whenever they'd call his name, I'd say to my friends "Seymour Butts?"

Hopefully Jake Butt has a son named Seymour some day. It still works, even without the plural.

Change your name to Seymour Butt. Problem solved.

Taco Charlton is definitely up there ..

Hard to exclude ELVIS Grbac

Back