Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BTN practice notes

Michchamp

haven't seen much info, given the lock down, but there are some notes on who's getting the most reps (link):

- Morris getting the most reps with 1st team

- "The offensive line remains what many expected, with Mason Cole and Erik Magnuson as the tackles, Ben Braden and Kyle Kalis as the guards and Graham Glasgow at center."

- "Drake Johnson, who's coming back from ACL surgery and who wasn't running two weeks ago, was in the running back mix."

Defense; has not much on the LBs:

- ""The defensive fronts: "(Chris) Wormley at end; senior Ryan Glasgow at tackle; senior Willie Henry at tackle; (Mario) Ojemudia at end. The other unit combo was (Taco) Charlton at end; senior Tom Strobel; junior Maurice Hurst; senior Royce Jenkins-Stone, listed as a LB on the roster." Glasgow is likely at nose tackle, as is Hurst and, the lack of mention about Bryan Mone, is further evidence of his injury.""

- "The secondary was interesting as it appears Jeremy Clark has moved to corner and Stanford transfer Wayne Lyons to safety. Dienhart saw Jourdan Lewis and Clark as the corners with the expected safety tandem of Jabrill Peppers and Jarrod Wilson. "The other unit had junior Channing Stribling and freshman Tyree Kinnel on the corners with junior Dymonte Thomas and Lyons at safety.""

I'm surprised about the Morris news. The "insiders" on the Scout boards keep pointing toward Rudock getting the majority of the reps with the ones.

I'm surprised about the Morris news. The "insiders" on the Scout boards keep pointing toward Rudock getting the majority of the reps with the ones.
in the article, they seem to go out of their way to say that what they saw doesn't mean anything, it's just what they saw, in particular with Morris/Rudock. one of the BTN guys says he still expects Rudock gets the nod because of his experience.

I think Harbaugh played things close to the vest a bit today, too. I bet the QB competition continues but sounds like any talk of Speight or Malzone ...or Gentry, is just noise.

Ruddock or Morris and I'm betting I see Jake take the first snap in Salt Lake City.

Maybe a bit OT, but I have to say it. I keep hearing all of these national "experts" who say that they love Harbaugh and think he'll turn us around, "but the talent isn't there this year".

WHAT? The talent is absolutely there. Well, I should call it potential. Brady Hoke and even Rich Rodriguez had really good recruiting classes. Hoke filled the OL with 4 and 5 star recruits, we have two 5 star RBs and a couple of high 3 stars. The WRs have quite a few good potential players, but because of bad QB play really haven't had much of a chance to be good. The QBs, Rudock has proven to be a game manager at worst and Morris, Malzone, Gentry were all highly rated coming out of HS. And the D, we all know it should be good again. I don't think that's an argument. And with a good D, anything is possible.

The potential is there. And Harbaugh is known for bringing out that potential. I don't really understand why this year is being marked as a mediocre year. I don't know how we're going to do, but if Harbaugh and his coaches teach as well as we know they can, we could have a really good year. I wouldn't say it's a lock that we do well, but for us to be thrown in the mud already, I think people are making a mistake.

Harbaugh is the first coach ever to refuse the BTN interview request. I must admit I like it. He isnt a great interview anyway. He will never win any media awards its not who he is. He isnt as slick as Urban but he is a football coach it is what he loves and who he is to his core. He doesnt give a damn what people think. I know he can sell the program to recruits when he has to. But he just wants to concentrate on the team and the players.

I think it's great he declined to be interviewed.

And I agree with Monster. I don't think the problems under Hoke most recently had to do with talent but execution. So many mistakes and turnovers, the team self-destructed in ways you never imagined before.

Just not fucking up in crucial moments takes the team from 5-7 to 7-5 and add in some better execution and you're 8-4.

9-3 would be overachieving in my opinion

Maybe a bit OT, but I have to say it. I keep hearing all of these national "experts" who say that they love Harbaugh and think he'll turn us around, "but the talent isn't there this year".

WHAT? The talent is absolutely there. Well, I should call it potential. Brady Hoke and even Rich Rodriguez had really good recruiting classes. Hoke filled the OL with 4 and 5 star recruits, we have two 5 star RBs and a couple of high 3 stars. The WRs have quite a few good potential players, but because of bad QB play really haven't had much of a chance to be good. The QBs, Rudock has proven to be a game manager at worst and Morris, Malzone, Gentry were all highly rated coming out of HS. And the D, we all know it should be good again. I don't think that's an argument. And with a good D, anything is possible.

The potential is there. And Harbaugh is known for bringing out that potential. I don't really understand why this year is being marked as a mediocre year. I don't know how we're going to do, but if Harbaugh and his coaches teach as well as we know they can, we could have a really good year. I wouldn't say it's a lock that we do well, but for us to be thrown in the mud already, I think people are making a mistake.

I agree with this post. I expect M to be extremely competitive this year. By the time they hit the conference schedule, watch out. Anything is possible.

I love that Harbaugh didn't give them an interview and basically gave them really nothing to look at practice wise. They watched an entire practice and we really know nothing more than we did yesterday. I'm loving the fort Schembechler thing. Sure, I'd like countdown to kickoff videos, but there's something fun about a coach doing the opposite of what everyone else does just to make sure there are no distractions and no leaks.

That's because they're national experts. No, we don't have a lot of proven names but the hypothetical talent on this team is second only to Ohio State. We've recruited better than every other B10 team in the past 4 years and we have a far greater concentration of "star" talent than any other B10 team outside of OSU. So no, we haven't developed any of those players but the team is certainly set up to surprise a lot of people with proper coaching.

Of course, it could also be that it takes a few years to develop these kids but I think it's much more likely that given proper coaching and put in a position to succeed, these kids can make a huge jump in year 1.

I think there is plenty of talent on the team. It is motivating them and getting them to play as a team that is key. Hoke could bring in the talent, but I never got the impression that they cared if they won or lost, especially the last two years.

I think it's great he declined to be interviewed.

And I agree with Monster. I don't think the problems under Hoke most recently had to do with talent but execution. So many mistakes and turnovers, the team self-destructed in ways you never imagined before.

Just not fucking up in crucial moments takes the team from 5-7 to 7-5 and add in some better execution and you're 8-4.

9-3 would be overachieving in my opinion
Of course you think it's great that he's the first coach to decline an interview for the big ten network in 112 campus visits. It's not like the network does anything to promote our conference. Being an unprofessional asshole must be a good thing in your book.

Your offense should be pretty decent this year, the only major question marks are at qb, rb, wr, and OL.

Of course you think it's great that he's the first coach to decline an interview for the big ten network in 112 campus visits. It's not like the network does anything to promote our conference. Being an unprofessional asshole must be a good thing in your book.

Your offense should be pretty decent this year, the only major question marks are at qb, rb, wr, and OL.

It is great. Spending maximum practice time with your players is far more important than conducting a pointless interview.

It is great. Spending maximum practice time with your players is far more important than conducting a pointless interview.
Yep, he's gained a huge advantage over the other 13 coaches by refusing an obligation from the network that's made the entire conference rich.

The guy is a total asshole and getting worse with age. He simply loves piss in people off and act in an unprofessional manner, but hey, he's an asshole that played for Bo so that makes it all ok to the slappies.

I can't wait until that first post game presser after a tough loss.. if he shows up.

Yep, he's gained a huge advantage over the other 13 coaches by refusing an obligation from the network that's made the entire conference rich.

The guy is a total asshole and getting worse with age. He simply loves piss in people off and act in an unprofessional manner, but hey, he's an asshole that played for Bo so that makes it all ok to the slappies.

I can't wait until that first post game presser after a tough loss.. if he shows up.

What obligation? Where does it say that Harbaugh has to do this particular interview?

Fuck the media.

Last edited:

We were already rich.

The BTN helped the crappier schools in the conference make money: UI, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, IU, MSU.

What obligation? Where does it say that Harbaugh has to do this particular interview?

Fuck the media.
There's no law stating that you have to wash your hands after using the restroom, it's just something you do.

The BTN does a ton for the profile of the conference, all the coaches oblige when they come to visit the campus, at least they all did until this year. I think there's no limit to the questionable behavior you'll put up with to have a less embarrassing football team, shirtless football, hiring unqualified parents for 6 figure salaries, awkward espn interviews, refusing to participate for the btn, dui's, etc. But hey, he's still undefeated and he played for bo, did we mention that he played for bo?

We were already rich.

The BTN helped the crappier schools in the conference make money: UI, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, IU, MSU.
I wonder what your record is against the aforementioned "crappy" schools since Lloyd Carr left?

I guess being arrogant while constantly getting your asses kicked is kind of your thing these days.

Also, is michigan refusing the BTN money? I think it's more of a case of "transfer the millions and the fuck off"

Classy

Last edited:
Back