Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BTN practice notes

Come on guys, give SBEE a break. He has got to have something to whine about. That chip on the sparty shoulder never seems to get smaller. Winning humbly is hard for sparty fans. There just not that used to it.

?

I haven't really talked about MSU other than in response to Champ. We're coming off of two great seasons in football and a final four in basketball, I'm pretty happy with where we sit right now.

I just think Harbaugh is an asshole, you guys used to, then he became your coach and he's a saint.

?

I haven't really talked about MSU other than in response to Champ. We're coming off of two great seasons in football and a final four in basketball, I'm pretty happy with where we sit right now.

But that's all in the past.

I just think Harbaugh is an asshole, you guys used to, then he became your coach and he's a saint.

You have been carrying this banner for awhile now. How 'bout you just fly it from your front porch? Or tattoo it on your arm? Then you can look at it whenever you want.

Last edited:
But that's all in the past.

You have been carrying this banner for awhile now. How 'bout you just fly it from your front porch? Or tattoo it on your arm? Then you can look at it whenever you want.

I don't think about it all that often, i just popped on this board to see the reaction to him blowing the BTN off and I saw the typical responses so I called bullshit on that. The list of incidents of him acting like a total prick is long and will continue to grow.

don't think about it all that often, i just popped on this board to see the reaction to him blowing the BTN off and I saw the typical responses so I called bullshit on that. The list of incidents of him acting like a total prick is long and will continue to grow.

Go back to your own post history. This is a recurring theme with you that probably is not ending anytime soon.

?

No. Jim Harbaugh is definitely a bit of an asshole. But so is "Mike" Dantonio. So are most other football coaches I've ever met. They're also, for the most part, perfectly decent human beings.

Stop crying.

The Harbaugh non-interview is a non-thing. He said he would be going quiet for a while and then he did. Big deal. Most people don't care and more of the people that do have strong opinions on it are the types that would hold the opposite opinion if it was Meyer or Dantonio instead of Harbaugh.

Is there one people from BTN that seems the least bit upset about it?

Go back to your own post history. This is a recurring theme with you that probably is not ending anytime soon.

not really, i've had a few arguments about it in the 9 months since the harbaugh hire but I guess that doesn't fit your narrative

No. Jim Harbaugh is definitely a bit of an asshole. But so is "Mike" Dantonio. So are most other football coaches I've ever met. They're also, for the most part, perfectly decent human beings.

Stop crying.

I would agree if Dantonio was thrown off his college team for assault and battery, had a dui in his 40's, a drunk and disorderly arrest in his 20's, dumped his wife for a younger model and had a new family, hired family members of recruits to six figure salaries, gotten into a fistfight with a broadcaster, had multiple tense exchanges during post game handshakes, publicly blasted his alma matter for academics, started rumors about conference rival coaches leaving their jobs, had public rifts with management in the NFL, conducted awkward interviews on ESPN where the interviewer cut him off for failing to participate, and became the first coach to blow the big ten network off for an interview when doing their preseason campus visits.

Nice try at a false equivalency.

I would agree if Dantonio was thrown off his college team for assault and battery, had a dui in his 40's, a drunk and disorderly arrest in his 20's, dumped his wife for a younger model and had a new family, hired family members of recruits to six figure salaries, gotten into a fistfight with a broadcaster, had multiple tense exchanges during post game handshakes, publicly blasted his alma matter for academics, started rumors about conference rival coaches leaving their jobs, had public rifts with management in the NFL, conducted awkward interviews on ESPN where the interviewer cut him off for failing to participate, and became the first coach to blow the big ten network off for an interview when doing their preseason campus visits.

All of those things may be true...but he is a great football coach!

Boy, it's going to be fun watching Harbaugh drive you clowns even more nuts over the next couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:
not really, i've had a few arguments about it in the 9 months since the harbaugh hire but I guess that doesn't fit your narrative

So how many more "arguments" are needed in your mind before it becomes a trend? It's always the person affected who last recognizes he has a problem.

Boy, it's going to be fun watch Harbaugh drive you guys even more nuts over the next couple years.

I think you completely underestimate the amount of work that has to be done in order for him to catch MSU, assuming that is possible. If he has a lot of success, he might turn our game into a 50/50 game, that would suck for sure but that's hardly a given.

Winning fixes everything...except for some Sparties. It's baffling to me that there are still some out there that are basically in 'loser mode'.

I think you completely underestimate the amount of work that has to be done in order for him to catch MSU, assuming that is possible. If he has a lot of success, he might turn our game into a 50/50 game, that would suck for sure but that's hardly a given.

I now wonder if you could have survived 8-32.

Boy, it's going to be fun watching Harbaugh drive you clowns even more nuts over the next couple years.

Just the after game handshake, win or lose, should be enough for Dantonio to fuel the "we're disrespected" fire each year.

Back