Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sarkisian gets loaded and kicked out of USC pep rally

Michchamp

Link. article has brief video of the incident.

Don't get loaded and go to work.

I wonder how many times football coaches have been drunk on the sideline during games? would explain a lot of bizarre play calls and outcomes...

Link. article has brief video of the incident.

Don't get loaded and go to work.

As long as you don't cry and play You Raise Me Up you just get a warning.

Unless you're Jewish chick who went to Michigan and you mock Jesus at an event for two Golden Domers.

Then you might get suspended

Too bad some of this shit didn't come out last spring. It would've been helpful in recruitment I'd think. What a scumbag. Keep fighting the "good fucking fight" and stay fucking classy, Sark.

Awesome find. How does a guy this, who is of a mature age, think getting fucked up in front of students is cool. Its fucking embarrassing. No kid on your football team, let alone students, should ever see you hammered.

Amazing that anything goes at college except for some things.

I heard he was ripping shots at the Excalibur with Gary Moeller beforehand

In all seriousness has there been a more overrated "big time" program the last 5+ years than USC?

Last edited:
Sarkisian is now blaming his behavior mostly on "medication."

It comes in this bottle:

OldGrandDad_Whiskey.jpg

This whole story ...

First off, every gladhander, money raising, hoop-dee-doo booster event in the history of college sports has involved alcohol. I'm sure more than one booster "bought coach a round" and others in the room were equally, it not more, tanked.

Now, he probably shouldn't have said what he did and likely was too hammered. That part is clear.

But for Dave Plaschke? to be running his mouth today about how Sark is an alcoholic and how alcoholics can't be trusted to stop drinking while they continue to work (football coach or otherwise) and how his drinking will be a distraction to the team is way over the top.

I'm getting so sick of the media bludgeoning stories to death based on little factual basis and tons of "what if" speculation.

"So, are you buying or selling that Sark's out of control drinking problem will result in a 7-5 USC record? You first Tim Cowlishaw!"

This whole story ...

First off, every gladhander, money raising, hoop-dee-doo booster event in the history of college sports has involved alcohol. I'm sure more than one booster "bought coach a round" and others in the room were equally, it not more, tanked.

Now, he probably shouldn't have said what he did and likely was too hammered. That part is clear.

But for Dave Plaschke? to be running his mouth today about how Sark is an alcoholic and how alcoholics can't be trusted to stop drinking while they continue to work (football coach or otherwise) and how his drinking will be a distraction to the team is way over the top.

I'm getting so sick of the media bludgeoning stories to death based on little factual basis and tons of "what if" speculation.

"So, are you buying or selling that Sark's out of control drinking problem will result in a 7-5 USC record? You first Tim Cowlishaw!"

This is how the media gets people fired. Now some coaches bring it on themselves and sure as hell look the part of the alcoholic coach. Bobby Petrino comes to mind and ex Vol coach Johnny Majors. I remember when Johnny showed up to practices drunk and Fulmer had to take over practice. Things started to leak out and it became a huge distraction. Media caught wind and it was pretty much over for Majors. Fulmer assumed full time duties in '93.

This whole story ...

But for Dave Plaschke? to be running his mouth today about how Sark is an alcoholic and how alcoholics can't be trusted to stop drinking while they continue to work (football coach or otherwise) and how his drinking will be a distraction to the team.

I didn't hear what Plashke said. He sometimes sits in on PMS; his sort of drawling/mumbling way of talking is sort of irritating.

Sark should learn from this to hold off on drinking until he's done with business for the day.

Nothing good comes o' drinking on during business hours unless you're the braumeister.

Last edited:
This whole story ...

Dude, he's a hack on ESPNsucks. They're all a bunch of ninnys. Knee-jerk, can't wait to be offended (like nearly everyone else in this country) by anyone and anything. I quit watching those shoes long, long ago because they're annoying and really ignorant.

I will say this, just about everyone know has at some point had a few too many and made an ass of themselves, myself included. It doesn't immediately mean they're an alcoholic. Idiots, maybe. Just because he got carried away and eventually did something stupid is far from "alcoholic". I'm not saying he's not one, just that making that assumption and arguing it to be fact on a national show based on one moronic incident is more ignorant than the guy that dropped a few drunken f-bombs at a pep rally.

For the record, I wasn't watching ESPNsucks nor would I.

I am in San Diego and am570 (the new home of the The Turd, as of Sept 8th) switched over to Dodgers pre-game while I was out. I popped it over to 710ESPN LA for the rest of my drive to my meeting and they were playing soundbites from Sark, Plashke and then had Keyshawn Johnson on for his take.

This whole story ...

It's still a little surprising that there wasn't a handler in place to make sure anyone speaking wasn't that sauced. It's not often you see a coach that loaded at an official event.

yeah, that's dumb, but par for the course, as sports commentators are dumb. I wouldn't expect them to have an enlightened take on this

Apparently he is entering an alcohol treatment program - most likely outpatient and meetings - but doesnt think he has a problem

Back