Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Things I forgot about last year's Utah game

Michchamp

first, things I remembered:

1.) It sucked.
2.) We didn't score an offensive TD
3.) MLady predicted (correctly) Hoke would lose the team if we lost this game
4.) we broke their QB in half, but he somehow returned to the game and beat us.

Things I forgot:

1.) We actually outgained them, 308 yards to 286 yards, and 19 first downs to 13.
2.) We held Booker - he rushed for 1500+ yds last year - to 35 yds on 11 carries.
3.) The 4th Q was delayed for 2 1/2 hours due to lightning, and they returned to a nearly empty Stadium where only Utah fans remained.
4.) Gardner only threw 2 INTs; Morris threw one after the delay, and also fumbled.
5.) 4 of our first half possessions crossed the 50, but ended in 3 punts and an INT.
6.) they only scored one (1) offensive TD.

first, things I remembered:

1.) It sucked.
2.) We didn't score an offensive TD
3.) MLady predicted (correctly) Hoke would lose the team if we lost this game
4.) we broke their QB in half, but he somehow returned to the game and beat us.

Things I forgot:

1.) We actually outgained them, 308 yards to 286 yards, and 19 first downs to 13.
2.) We held Booker - he rushed for 1500+ yds last year - to 35 yds on 11 carries.
3.) The 4th Q was delayed for 2 1/2 hours due to lightning, and they returned to a nearly empty Stadium where only Utah fans remained.
4.) Gardner only threw 2 INTs; Morris threw one after the delay, and also fumbled.
5.) 4 of our first half possessions crossed the 50, but ended in 3 punts and an INT.
6.) they only scored one (1) offensive TD.

I'd forgotten that too. all our friends in A2 just left and drove home. I don't think we watched the conclusion because the delay was so long

I propped my phone on my table and watched the last 5 minutes of that disaster from the back of my eyes. I've never seen anything like that. The stadium was empty, it was like a glorified practice.

I was at a wedding for this game. Caught some of it on the tv in the lounge. Glad I didn't sit through that whole thing. Would be sweet to pay them back!

I remember the deluge. As i was there

Took forever. Field flooded

Went to me car in maybard structure which took an hour and then another hour to get to 7th. And still hot he to see last plays

Last edited:
Back