Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

I, too, am not in the Coughlin corner. I don't understand the love for him. He's been uninspiring to me the last few seasons. I don't see what he'd bring to the franchise at this point.

Toughness probably. Caldwell is too soft, Gym was too strange (pchyco comes to mind.) I don't want a players coach.

Did anyone mention we're replacing a guy that had the decision making skills of a partially sober Henry Johnstone, 67, a partially lobotomized mental patient that for 42 years was convinced he was the living embodiment of William "Bill" James Williamson the III Esquire, Captain of HSS Titanic?

He just doesn't do anything for me, especially this late in his career. We'll never know unless he gets hired, but I don't think the players would respond that well. Stafford's head would explode and he'd go Manziel and be at keggers every night. Calvin would definitely retire. Tate would throw a temper tantrum and demand a trade. Ebron might get better. That's one positive.

I'd take just about anyone before Coughlin.

I guarantee Coughlin would move to Florida never to be seen again before taking a HC job with Detroit.

A guy with plenty of GM experience (Accorsi) must've recommended him, plus he's from a winning organization

I'll take it

This right here. The guy comes from the BEST organization in football and its still no good. What a laugh

Last edited:
Anyone can draft better than Mayhew did...literally anyone. Great example of how losing a piece makes you instantly better. This guy would have to be blind and braindead to do worse than mayhew. Great hire.

Brought in some good talent. Especially the last couple of years

Brought in some good talent. Especially the last couple of years

Not a high enough % of our starters come from the draft. No doubt we have some building blocks....Slay and ansah especially. We don't have enough mid round whiteheads on this team....productive and cheap.

Honestly, I'm just glad they didn't go with White. Finally a chance with fresh blood with front office experience.

Not a high enough % of our starters come from the draft. No doubt we have some building blocks....Slay and ansah especially. We don't have enough mid round whiteheads on this team....productive and cheap.

7 years and you can point to three guys on the team that are quality starters (yes I'm including Stafford). What percentage wasn't high enough for you Hughes...1?

How many teams get starters in the later drds of drafts, bro? Cmon, man lol. Whitehead, Levy, Warford, Diggs, Riddick. Some good quality players right there that went 3rd rd and up. Sure, he fucked up, they all fuck up, but he brought in some nice talent on this team. Was it time to go? Yes, but he wasn't as bad as you think...

They picked someone who has seen nothing but winning for his 15 years in that organization. I can't complain. But I would have always taken the wait and see approach regardless who we hired.

We all understand what it means to grow up a Lions fan and see nothing but disappointment. But I don't know how some of you continue to follow the team if you get zero enjoyment from it. What's the pay off if you always hate everything they do and think they will always just fail because they are the Lions? If there's never any hope why would you continue to invest any of your time towards it? That's the part I don't really get.

Last edited:
Screw the later rounds we drafted a half dozen guys in the first two rounds that aren't even on the team (or in the league for that matter) in 5 years.

They picked someone who has seen nothing but winning for his 15 years in that organization. I can't complain. But I would have always taken the wait and see approach regardless who we hired.

We all understand what it means to grow up a Lions fan and see nothing but disappointment. But I don't know how some of you continue to follow the team if you get zero enjoyment from it. What's the pay off if you always hate everything they do and think they will always just fail because they are the Lions? If there's never any hope why would you continue to invest any of your time towards it? That's the part I don't really get.

You could say the same thing about any addict.

I, too, am not in the Coughlin corner. I don't understand the love for him. He's been uninspiring to me the last few seasons. I don't see what he'd bring to the franchise at this point.
Probably just winning and turning it around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tina-fey-touching-nose-gif.gif

Again uninspiring the last few seasons, his best days are behind him...but hey, if it makes you happy...

Back