Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Be sure to make posts safe for work

MAIZEandBLUE09

If we're going to be using this until they get the other board working correctly, or longer, I'd like to point out that many of us are at work when we're doing this and now with the ability of posting pictures and such - let's try to make those types of things "safe for work". I don't care about language, but I wouldn't want someone looking at my screen, especially my bosses, and seeing some boobs on it or something.

I'm not sure what the "rules" are given it's Monster's creation....but I think this one is one we can all agree on.

Maize, that's why I'm the only guy in the office who sits at a ridiculous angle with my screen facing me and not outwards. Come on now bro, that's why we are here, it's fun to post crazy stuff. I don't think that's something that will be possible to regulate.

Its about sports. All clean. But if you decide to vulgar it up with some pic, don't. Other forums for that. Im sure we just all want to talk about the big game and other sports related topics. That's my take on it anyway.

But this is Monsters show so..

I'm just asking for common courtesy since we all know each other. Since this isn't a random board - it shouldn't be that hard to do. The board becomes not-usable (again) for some of us if things like that start popping up. With great power comes greater responsibility.

Fair, but I think some language should be allowed here and there. I know it's not a random board, and I rarely cuss anyways, but once you start putting big-time limits on what we can post, it turns into ESPN.

Great point M&B. Monster will have final say, but you're absolutely right about posting nudity. Also, any links that lead to questionable material should be labelled NSFW.

I hear what you're saying Dubbs, and don't think language will be an issue, but we do have to be sensitive to those at work *ahem*.

I'm all on board with no nudity or gross pictures. I think some bad language should be acceptable.

All you have to do is post 'NSFW' and ProBoards does have content policy. For example, any blatant or excessive cursing or inappropriate content will be identified and Monster as the board sponsor will be contacted.

But what's with the whiny, wimpy ... "until ESPN fixes its board" crap, M&B? You seem to be taking their board change personally.

Who gives a fuck? Screw ESPN!

Agreed. And when "Smalls502" makes a post, he will get absolutely destroyed and be subjected to actual moderation by folks who aren't being hired by Disney to block out curse words and links to competing websites.

He won't be able to troll this board, along with the others.

Trolls can't survive on a board with more ....freedom.

Whole-heartedly agree, M&B. That said, if you're looking to be on the safe side, you might want to disable avatars. Just keep it in mind if you see something one night before opening any threads.

Thanks guys, I'll be making a rules section soon. Nudity will not be tolerated on here because I can't confirm any of your ages. This board would be closed down quickly. As for all of the trolls, the link here is private and is pissing them off. Kind of funny actually. I'll also be adding a couple more mods to prevent any trolls.

bigvic said:
All you have to do is post 'NSFW' and ProBoards does have content policy. For example, any blatant or excessive cursing or inappropriate content will be identified and Monster as the board sponsor will be contacted.

But what's with the whiny, wimpy ... "until ESPN fixes its board" crap, M&B? You seem to be taking their board change personally.

Who gives a fuck? Screw ESPN!

Well as bad as ESPN has made it - I still like the fact that you can interact with more than a group of 10-20 regular posters that are on here. They say they're looking into fixing the problems we've voiced so one would assume that they will make the changes. I can live without all the flash of this message boar - and while great - it still lacks the flow of traffic that the ESPN board gets, or got. The posters who always start "Hey I'm new here" or "Hey, I've read a long time and rarely posted" will be gone.

As far as the NSFW - that's fine if it's in the thread title, I was more speaking about something labeled "RR hired at CBS" and then a giant picture of a vagina comes up as one of the responses to that thread.

You can also make the board (or sections of it) "Member only" so that you have to actually sign up to log in and you can control access that way.

The Proboard forum I helped create and moderate had a troll from ESPN show up and harass some of the female posters. We actually put in place a permanent ban on that person and easily identified him each time he tried to re-register and deleted him.

I think this forum also brings more accountability in that posters interacting aren't as random or anonymous. I left ESPN for almost a year already and would be glad to leave for good now.

It was only this group of posters and the fact that our MICHIGAN board was so active that I came back.

Not much you can do in three days. I'll be here because one, my tablet can't post over there and I doubt they fix that. Another that they won't fix is the slowness of it.

They want it facebook like. Not my style so im staying whether there its just monster and my self.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Thanks guys, I'll be making a rules section soon. Nudity will not be tolerated on here because I can't confirm any of your ages. This board would be closed down quickly. As for all of the trolls, the link here is private and is pissing them off. Kind of funny actually. I'll also be adding a couple more mods to prevent any trolls.

I nominate Vic.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Thanks guys, I'll be making a rules section soon. Nudity will not be tolerated on here because I can't confirm any of your ages. This board would be closed down quickly. As for all of the trolls, the link here is private and is pissing them off. Kind of funny actually. I'll also be adding a couple more mods to prevent any trolls.

I nominate Vic.

lol oh great, now I'll never be able to post a thread about couches on porches ever again.

Hey now, Moderating and Censoring are two different things ....except on the ESPN boards! Heh

Back