Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coaches poll out Michigan #34

When is Northwestern actually going to live up to their media darling billing?? No way Michigan finishes below them, they are still severly lacking on talent. If Persa gets injured again, they can be a sub .500.

dubbsco said:
When is Northwestern actually going to live up to their media darling billing?? No way Michigan finishes below them, they are still severly lacking on talent. If Persa gets injured again, they can be a sub .500.

This is a great spot to start at for Michigan. We're getting votes but we're not in the rankings. It will be pretty easy for us to jump in and get ranked. Hopefully we'll stay there.

Honestly I like being under the radar.. It's impossible to stay there.. usually 1 win against ND will automatically get you ranked lol

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]BTW... How are they 18? That seems a bit ridiculous..

Well they're ND and they did finish the season strong, return a lot of players and have a favorable schedule this year. I could see them being a 9 or 10 win team. Definitely not unreasonable to think they're a top 20 team.

Honestly, I think they'll be better than MSU.

TheWolverines24 said:
[color=#551A8B said:

I think that ranking calls for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Y7yjxJVlc

BC has better Christians!

Not even taking advantage of our new forum? I'll take the honor:

[flash=350,287:nxp6u6uy]http://www.youtube.com/v/p0Y7yjxJVlc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:nxp6u6uy]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
[color=#551A8B said:

Well they're ND and they did finish the season strong, return a lot of players and have a favorable schedule this year. I could see them being a 9 or 10 win team. Definitely not unreasonable to think they're a top 20 team.

Honestly, I think they'll be better than MSU.

Easy to do when you play every Military team in the country.

I just don't see the point of preseason polls...they are useless. It only lets you know how much ground you're gonna have to make up if you lose and still want to win the national championship. And it gives reporters something to report on. Maybe Cousins will feel slighted that MSU isn't ranked number 1...idiot.

[color=#551A8B said:

My grandpa would tell me when I was younger, that if you could look at the polls for 2020 ND will be in the top 25
I am starting to believe him, they can have a mediocre year then have a great bowl game with a nobidy opponent and be ranked top 20 the next year
Unfreakingbelievable!

i agree with the polls thing. Personally I think they should just have no rankings until week 6 or so. This would allow teams to have a couple conference games as well as their cupcakes under their belt before a ranking is formed. Off the top of my head I dont see any cons to this idea but it may be flawed..anybody?

Beez said:
i agree with the polls thing. Personally I think they should just have no rankings until week 6 or so. This would allow teams to have a couple conference games as well as their cupcakes under their belt before a ranking is formed. Off the top of my head I dont see any cons to this idea but it may be flawed..anybody?

Probably just so the guys at ESPN have something to talk about 6 weeks prior to the season...but basketball is the same way and needs to wait until conference play to have an official ranking...the BIG EAST always has like 8 team in the top 25 and hardly do anything in tounrey time

staegrac said:
Beez said:

Probably just so the guys at ESPN have something to talk about 6 weeks prior to the season...but basketball is the same way and needs to wait until conference play to have an official ranking...the BIG EAST always has like 8 team in the top 25 and hardly do anything in tounrey time

Uconn just won the tourny lol. Big east is definitely the best bball conference, but worst football bcs conference. Weird.

I agree that the polls used to determine the BCS shouldn't be started until later in the season, but as Stratego points out, espn needs something to talk about, and really, the general public does as well, so there's no way they'd be wiped out completely. And the "unofficial" rankings that would surely come to prominence would be used as a baseline for the slackers who vote in the coaches and harris. So basically we're fucked.

Noter Dame sucks HAS to be Top 20 every pre-season so its millions of partially irish bandwagon fans can get all excited about reliving 1988. Then they lose to good teams, beat enough shitty teams to get Bowl eligible (or better, auto-bid into the BCS with its loophole) and trot out this sappy, sentimentalized garbage about how glorious a win over Navy is because of the grans "tradition."

I can't wait to beat #18 at home on 9/10

Haha by the time we play them they will have beaten a powder puff school and be top ten. Notre Dame filled with whiners and fakers. Love it when we win.

Back