Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Royals @ Tigers 9-23-16 Game #153

I'm really surprised Brad didn't pull him from the game. Clearly his fingers are bothering him and you have a 5 run lead.

Moylan can't throw strikes...or is afraid to...Miggy and VMart walk. 7-1.

Should have laid off the 1-0 pitch JD, it would've been a 2-0 count.

not the way it works.....gotta have control.....just like the NFL.

I can't find the clearity in the rule for this one just...

a fielder with a live ball in his possession touches first base or tags the batter-runner before the batter-runner reaches first base (except when the batter is awarded first base, such as on a base on balls);

So I guess it boils down to what in his possession means, it doesn't say securely in his possession.. It wasn't up in the air, it wasn't on the ground, I saw nothing on that slow mo that showed any evidance that ball ever left 100% contact with any part of his glove, skin or uniform. Couldn't it be in his possession if it's still in contact with the glove,arm or body through the process. I suppose possestion means in control but I think The rule should be reviewed in a rules committee or something as long as it's in contact with a part of the person at all times it should be good IMO in a force situation provided the initial contact occurred before the runner reached the base

I also think the proces of a catch rule in the NFL is complete utter bullshit as well. Lol

Last edited:
Great pitched game by Fulmer,
7 innings 102 pitches 1 run 8 hits 9 K's ERA at 2.95
With tonights game Fulmer has 155 2/3 innings pitched.

Last edited:
I can't shake the feeling the team is destined to miss a play-in scenario with a loss on the final game of the season; or fall out of the second wild card spot outright with a final game loss and lose the play-in.

Wow great night so far byron center finally beat zeeland west 24-14, and I get home to see this Huge lead by the tigers !!! ZW losses back to back games for the first time in four years, and three State titles in six years. that is how good they are a amazing four titles in 11 years existence at zw. BC is only 2-9 alltime verses them.

Time to finish tigers !!!!!

Last edited:
I can't shake the feeling the team is destined to miss a play-in scenario with a loss on the final game of the season; or fall out of the second wild card spot outright with a final game loss and lose the play-in.

It would not shock me at all.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't had similar thoughts..like watch em get in great position for a spot then get swept in Atlanta and miss by a game but for now I'm going to put those thoughts away and enjoy tonights pending win

Last edited:
With 9 strikeouts in tonight's game Fulmer now has 129 K's this season, 2nd most by a rookie in club history (Les Cain, 156, 1970).

I'm sure Yankee, Mariner, Astro, Oriole and Blue Jay fans are having the exact same thoughts.

That punk ass Ventura tomorrow would really like to see them finally get to that punk and pummel him.

Back