Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 4 Devils 1 Final

Post any Joe Lewis events toy have seen live or your best I should say if you have been there a bunch of times. Sadly I have never seen the Wings play live. or any sports team play at the Joe.
I did meet Bruce Springsteen underneath the joe in between sets and he gave me a beer . I worked security on back to back nights on August 11th, 12th 1981 , and was lucky the guy I was switching with the to be on the floor for the music or in the back let me take the back at the break and Bruce and his crew came around on the golf carts and stopped by me and ask how I was doing . He handed me a beer .. I was pretty star struck and just said thank you.. Part of the River Tour of 1981 coming home venues I think.

Last edited:
Post any Joe Lewis events toy have seen live or your best I should say if you have been there a bunch of times. Sadly I have never seen the Wings play live. or any sports team play at the Joe.
I did meet Bruce Springsteen underneath the joe in between sets and he gave me a beer . I worked security on back to back nights on August 11th, 12th 1981 , and was lucky the guy I was switching with the to be on the floor for the music or in the back let me take the back at the break and Bruce and his crew came around on the golf carts and stopped by me and ask how I was doing . He handed me a beer .. I was pretty star struck and just said thank you.. Part of the River Tour of 1981 coming home venues I think.

Same. Never seen them live. I've been to the Joe many times, a couple Aerosmith concerts back in my youth.

I do remember a AC-DC concert back in 1983, right after my 18th BDAY (Flick of the Switch Tour), the one thing that sticks to me is I was up close to the stage and 2 or 3 guys tried to get on. This huge man, security guy for the band, would just pick them up and toss them 15 feet. That might have been the last concert I attended.

Last edited:
I know they'll probably win to go out in style, but in the long run, that win is going to be sentimental value.

Losing is the best thing for next season and the future. They could potentially lose 3 spots with a win.

A family friend of ours used to work for the Detroit mayors office (she quit when jackass Kwame got elected) but she used to get tickets in the mayors suite on occasion. My first game was in the suite in 2000 against the Rangers, I am proud to say I sat in the suite for game 7 against the Avs in 2002 for the 7-0 beatdown as well. Was also at the Joe for the game against the Flyers in 2012 where we tied the NHL record for longest home win streak in league history. It's a dump but I'll miss it's history and strange charm of it.

I would like to see them win.. Even if it makes them pick lower in the draft.

I would like to see them win.. Even if it makes them pick lower in the draft.

Ditto.

Although only team Detroit can currently jump is Buffalo. Buffalo is currently leading 1-0 vs Tampa so we shall see within a few hours.

Detroit got lucky that Taylor Hall goal was disallowed. That was a pretty weak call.

And his second of the season !!!!

Wolverine ro a spartan to a Irish Lol !!!!

Last edited:
Imagine if we could get 15 to 20 to goals from him ?

Yeah good stuff. Hopefully the get bacoming the playoffs next year and it's not a few years of drought ..

Back