Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 & 2019 Football Schedules

oh, good, Army. Michigan needs to settle that score...

This OOC is fucking awful. I hate it in every way. The Arkansas for ND swap I still hate. MTSU? WTF for? There are plenty of schools that would actually help strength of schedule then that shit ever could. Schedule Temple or BC. I understand wanting to have an extra home game, but im sure there are lower tiered P5 schools looking for a one and done at Michigan Stadium that have an open date.

Cant wait for the 2017 season to start

oh, good, Army. Michigan needs to settle that score...

Lol, I cant believe Army leads the series. They were a force back in the day. They won the 1st 5 games we ever played them. We've won the last 4.(did a lil research). Have only played them 9 times which is kind of surprising.

Michigan vs Army series .

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2016&team1=Army&team2=Michigan

1945 # 1 Army was 2-0 they beat 3-1 # 9 Michigan 28-7 in New York. Army finshed 9-0 and number 1. Michigan 7-3 and finshed #6.

1946 # 2 Army 3-0 beat #3 Michigan 2-0 at Ann Arbor 20-13 Army finshed 9-0-1 and again number 1 in some polls. Michigan finshed 6-2-1 and again #6.

1949 # 7 Army 2-0 beat #1 Michigan 2-0 at Ann Arbor 21-7 break Michigan's 25 game winning streak spanning from November 2nd 1946 (last 4) to 10-0 in 1947. 9-0 in 1948, and first two games of 1949.
Army was 9-0 and ranked 4th at end of the season .Michigan was 6-2-1 ranked 7th.

1950 2-0 Army beat 1-1 Michigan in New York 27-7.
Army finshed 8-1 and ranked number 2. Michigan finshed 6-3-1 and ranked # 9.

1954 0-1 Army traveled to Ann Arbor to face 1-0 Michigan and smack us again 26-7.
Army finshed 7-2 ranked 7th, and Michigan finshed 6-3 and ranked 15th.

1955 #6 and 2-0 Army traveled again to AA and played # 2 and 2-0 Michigan, and finally 26-2 the wolverines won.
Army finshed 6-3 and ranked 20th . Michigan was 7-2 and ranked 12th.

1956 in Ann Arbor 2-0 Army was smashed by 1-1 Michigan 48-14.
Army finshed 5-3-1 and unranked . Michigan was 7-2 and ranked 7th.

1961 at Ann Arbor again. 2-0 Army played 1 -0 Michigan and lost
38-8. Army finshed 6-4 . Michigan 6-3 . Neither ranked.

1962 at AA. 2-0 Army lost to 0-1 Michigan 17-7. Army finshed 6-4. Michigan had a bad year at 2-7.Neither were ranked . Only time either team had a losing record at seasons end.

Last edited:
Thanks for finishing that off, Bob. Unbelievable we have not played them since 1962.......55yrs. Anybody here alive when we played them last?

looks like Army got bad at football and war at the same time.

So excited they are hosting Western , my pops went to Western and we are planning to make the game !! Havent been to the big house since 2007 against Ohio Sate ( lost 14-3 in a rain soaked game ughh )

So excited they are hosting Western , my pops went to Western and we are planning to make the game !! Havent been to the big house since 2007 against Ohio Sate ( lost 14-3 in a rain soaked game ughh )

Better not over look them with this young team. I know western is losing a ton of players and coaches but they could play us tough. Havs fun!!! Who knows it may be one of the games I pick from from my friend.

Thanks for finishing that off, Bob. Unbelievable we have not played them since 1962.......55yrs. Anybody here alive when we played them last?

Np it was fun looking all that up on line and using my old stat book (That I need to update). I figured We played Army when they were super good. Didn't know they broke our 25 game winning streak. Some really good teams. If it wss more thej 10 games i may not have done it Hope we spank then lol !!!!

Last edited:
I knew we had a losing record against Army. That is why I said it's about time we get to settle the score

as for WMU, the game is next season and the team won't be quite so young. Michigan should have a good number of experienced juniors on the team.

Last edited:
Back