Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Girls softball Washington region

Jesus.
First and third one out and a freaking hot smash bounces into a freaking dp dang it all.

Michigan got runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out and they hit into a double play. Second double play of the game. Washington's pitcher looked like she hurt her arm on a throw to 1st that went high, that is why the leadoff hitter got on. Man, they need to make her throw pitches to wear that arm out.

I could kind of see Blanco getting tired out there, so not surprised she gave up that hit.

Fresno st verses Michigan 10pm. Winner has to beat Washington twice sunday to advance to super regionals.

Last edited:
Michigan up 4-0 in the 3rd. Wish they had another pitcher. Gonna be tough for Betsa to win two tomorrow vs Washington. Especially with the Washington pitcher having thrown less than 100 pitches in the two games they have played. If Michigan can make her throw a lot of pitches I think her arm will wear out and they will have a chance. Looked like she was having some problems with her arm in the later part of today's game.

Michigan up 4-0 in the 3rd. Wish they had another pitcher. Gonna be tough for Betsa to win two tomorrow vs Washington. Especially with the Washington pitcher having thrown less than 100 pitches in the two games they have played. If Michigan can make her throw a lot of pitches I think her arm will wear out and they will have a chance. Looked like she was having some problems with her arm in the later part of today's game.

I saw that . We bounced into 2 doubles and the second one was a smash. Probably dosent change to outcome but maybe gets her pitch count up.

Betsa pitches a 4-0 shutout 7 ininng no no only 1 walk verses fresno st. 6th career no hitter.

Last edited:
I appreciate the no hitter and all, but they probably could have put Blanco in to finish that game out and save Betsa for today. Why do you think she is having back problems? Poor fielding really killed them in the first game yesterday.

I appreciate the no hitter and all, but they probably could have put Blanco in to finish that game out and save Betsa for today. Why do you think she is having back problems? Poor fielding really killed them in the first game yesterday.

I agree. Shame we couldn't get any more runs to shorten the game to 5 innings.

Are you talking about that ball that was literally like 2 full feet away from the batter and they called her being hit by pitch?

Are you talking about that ball that was literally like 2 full feet away from the batter and they called her being hit by pitch?

Then the ball that was right down the middle of the plate that was called a ball to walk in the winning run.

I mean, maybe they lose anyway, but those were 2 horrible calls back to back that led to them losing.

Bob, did you see the end of that Minnesota game yesterday? Just saw it on ESPN and those girls got hosed!

I missed it but I am not surprised .. These umpires that I have seen have not been good. Ncaa wants to save face for moving the Gophers down there.

Last edited:
Gophers were a out from advancing to regional finals and gave up a pinch hit Homer . Next batter like all the others in bottom of 7th other then the homer k'd.

Gophers score 3 in top of the 9th and win 5-2.
Now they have to beat Alabama twice.

Last edited:
Back