Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I thought this was a cool story for the day

wlvrnstlr4life

Myron Rolle was considering going to Michigan for the rest of his schooling after he graduated from FSU. Obviously, it didnt pan out. Not a lot of dudes finish their pro careers and then become doctors. Pretty special guy.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...odes-scholar-gets-degree-in-neurosurgery.html

Myron Rolle, the former NFL safety and Rhodes Scholar, added to his know-how as an American Renaissance man graduating on Saturday from the Florida State University College of Medicine with a degree in neurosurgery.

Next month, the 30-year-old will begin his residency program at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital.

Rolle, who was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship and studied at Oxford University toward earning a degree in Medical Anthropology.

?Seven years of neurosurgery is a big deal, something I wanted for a long time, really excited about it,? Rolle said in May. ??Saving lives and helping people live a better life, that?s going to make life worth living.?

I was just thinking about this guy the other day wondering what had become of him.

Monster, delete if you think this is too off topic.

Always wished he'd come to UM, and very impressed by how things worked out.

The guy is awesome. He has to be the most academically accomplished Seminole athlete ever.

Back