Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 119 Tigers vs. rangers August 15, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Mikie Mahtook, CF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
6. Victor Martinez, DH
7. John Hicks, C
8. Alex Presley, RF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Justin Verlander RHP
Bench: C James McCann, IF Dixon Machado, IF/OF Andrew Romine.

rangers lineups:
deshields cf
choo dh
bearded mumza ss
scowlface 3b
mazara rf
gallo lf
mr. wop 1b
odor 2b
chirinos c
griffin rhp

Miguel Cabrera is back in the Detroit Tigers lineup after missing the last two days with a lower back issue.
John Hicks will get the start at catcher for pitcher Justin Verlander. Both Hicks and Verlander are Goochland, Va., natives.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...re-off-for-2nd-time-in-2017/?topicId=26688836
Verlander aims to stay stingy against Rangers.
Tigers official site

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/08/tigers_rangers_preview_justin.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Rangers preview: Justin Verlander goes for his 4th straight win.
Mlive

https://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/TEX201708150.shtml
Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers, at Globe Life Park in Arlington, August 15, 2017 Matchups.
Baseball Reference

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370815113
Tigers vs. rangers Game Preview.
espn

Detroit Tigers
RHP Justin Verlander (8-7, 3.97 ERA)
24 GS, 145 IP, 134 H, 64 ER, 17 HR, 63 BB, 142 K, 4.07 FIP

Texas Rangers
RHP A.J. Griffin (5-3, 5.40 ERA)
10 GS, 50 IP, 44 H, 30 ER, 15 HR, 16 BB, 42 K, 6.38 FIP

Who: Detroit Tigers (53-65) vs. Texas Rangers (57-60)
When: 8:05 p.m. EDT
Where: Globe Life Park
TV: Fox Sports 1
Radio: FM 97.1 The Ticket and the Tigers radio network

Three things to know about this game
In his most recent start, against Pittsburgh, Verlander induced poor contact on 89.5 percent of the batted balls against him, according to Statcast. That was his best single-game mark in the past three seasons, and Pirates batters went 1-for-17 on those balls.

Facing Detroit generally hasn't gone well for Griffin. In five career starts, is 1-3 with a 10.88 ERA against the Tigers, with a .371 batting average against, the highest against any team he's faced more than once.

Conversely, Verlander's done well against the Rangers. In 18 career starts, he is 10-5 with a 2.78 ERA and 108 strikeouts. Among active pitchers with at least 10 starts against Texas, that ERA ranks fifth.

Notable
Verlander is coming off his best start of the season in which he allowed zero runs on one hit in eight innings against Pittsburgh. He is 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA in his last five starts, striking out 39 in 35 innings.
Verlander is 10-5 with a 2.78 ERA in 18 career starts against Texas. He beat the Rangers in his only start against them this year, giving up three runs on four hits in seven innings.

Notable Rangers vs Verlander: Adrian Beltre .268 (15 for 56, 1 HR), Mike Napoli .268 (11 for 41, 3 HRs), Roughned Odor (0 for 13).

The Tigers have crushed Griffin in his career. He is 1-3 with a 10.88 ERA in five career starts against them, including giving up 12 home runs in 22 1/3 innings.
Notable Tigers against Griffin: Miguel Cabrera .438 (7 for 16, 3 HRs, 6 RBIs), Victor Martinez .625 (5 for 8, 1 HR), Ian Kinsler .227 (5 for 22, 1 HR).

Tigers by the numbers
Overall: 53-65
Current streak: L2
At Comerica Park: 29-28
On the road: 24-37
Day games: 23-18
Night games: 30-47
vs. AL East: 14-13
vs. AL Central: 25-24
vs. AL West: 8-19
vs. NL: 5-9

After Monday's loss, the Tigers' final projected record by FiveThirtyEight is 74-88. The site gives Detroit a less than 1 percent chance of making the playoffs.

These fucking umps are taking the enjoyment out of this game, 3rd inning Miggy gets called out on strikes on a pitch at least half a foot inside,

Game is on FS1 here in southern Illinois, 1st time this season , I think. Verlander getting lite up now.

Pathetic at bat clownanos ya no pitch recognition joker

Last edited:
This is how bad it's gotten for me. I knew they were losing 5-1 and flipped over to the game. Miggy happened to be up at the time. I watched one pitch and then flipped over to another channel. Can't believe I actually turned the game off when Miggy was at bat. It's not like I was even watching something else either...just flipping channels and decided it's just not worth it to watch.

This is how bad it's gotten for me. I knew they were losing 5-1 and flipped over to the game. Miggy happened to be up at the time. I watched one pitch and then flipped over to another channel. Can't believe I actually turned the game off when Miggy was at bat. It's not like I was even watching something else either...just flipping channels and decided it's just not worth it to watch.

JV is even pitching tonight and...yeah...I hear ya...yawn tigers

Joe Jimenez in for the first time in forever. Would to see him at least get that era down below boooooces

Last edited:
balk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

logo.png

Migster k's on three pitches

And with as horrible he has been this year he's still hitting higher than clown boy

Last edited:
I'm getting really tied of losing all the time on these stupid lottery games that fast cash crap is a rip off

Last edited:
Back